Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Unhappy Landscape view of CBZ file

I made cbz files to see diagrams of igo (table game) problems. All of the files work well at the first time on my kobo touch. But some files show landscape view after second opening. Could anyone help my problem?

I attach the file. As the forum doesn't accept cbz file, I've changed the file extension to zip. Plz change it to cbz when you try it on your kobo!

Thank you very much in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1002.zip (54.4 KB, 214 views)
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That seems to work OK here. The state of the comic is kept between openings. If I open it, change to landscape and close, the next time I open the comic, it also opens in landscape mode. I put a second copy on as well, and swapping between them didn't affect how they were displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Unhappy

Thanks dasvidfor.

After your post, I suspected that the system or database in my kobo might be wrong. I factory reseted my kobo. But the status doesn't change. It still shows landscape view after second opening of certain cbz files. My firmware version is 2.4.0. It might be a bag in this firmware version.

Thank you very much again. Have a good day!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
zztush
Connoisseur

I think I've found the reason of this problem.

This first page of this cbz file is 197x 280 pixcel, it is portrait size. Rest of the pages are 413x 412 pixcel, they are landscape size. When I open the file, I started to open them from the first page and I look them portrait mode. When I reopen from other pages, kobo touch automatically detects its landscape style and open it in landscape mode. Therefore I have to make all of the comics in portrait size in order to see them in portrait mode.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Actually, I think you are right.

I used my Glo earlier, but for realised later that it was not have been a valid test. So, I retested using my Touch.

It looks like the first time you open a comic, it will open in portrait mode. If you change one of the comics to landscape, sometime reopening another comic opens it in landscape mode as well. I can't find a pattern, but I did this with three copies of your sample.

It looks like a bug in 2.4.0. Maybe it will be fixed in the next release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
zztush
Connoisseur

Thanks davidfor.

I made a cbz file without landscape comic. It works fine. Kobo detects landscape and portrait and change the mode automatically. I am very glad to know this feature. I won't make a cbz file with landscape and portrait comics together any more.

Thank you very much again. Have a good rest of the day!