Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
carousel only shows books and misic

Just tonight, the carousel decided it was only going to display books and music that I've accessed recently - no apps. It's much nicer this way, but I think this has happened before and corrected itself so I don't expect it will last. Has this happened to anyone else?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Yes Ive noticed that too, it no longer shows the apps. It seems to be intermittent and cleans itself up. I think due to all the complaints this was added in the last update.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm mine still shows the apps. Does anyone else still have them on there? I wish it didn't do that on mine. I have the apps I use most saved to favorites already, I don't need them cluttering up the carousel.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Hmm mine still shows the apps. Does anyone else still have them on there? I wish it didn't do that on mine. I have the apps I use most saved to favorites already, I don't need them cluttering up the carousel.
Mine shows apps I spent all day cleaning it to remove 2000+ books. It empty now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Just checked mine. No apps in carousel even after loading ones right before.

Only books music and last web page accessed
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Blossom. I wonder why it's only happening for some people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mine shows apps I spent all day cleaning it to remove 2000+ books. It empty now.
Yikes that's a lot. I had to clear about 400 books off mine when I got it and I thought that was a lot. I can't imagine clearing 2,000. Amazon seriously needs to make some changes so we don't have to torture ourselves like that.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Just checked mine. No apps in carousel even after loading ones right before.

Only books music and last web page accessed
Has it been doing that ever since the update? Or did it just start randomly recently? I wonder if it was really in the update or if it's just a fluke.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks Blossom. I wonder why it's only happening for some people..

Yikes that's a lot. I had to clear about 400 books off mine when I got it and I thought that was a lot. I can't imagine clearing 2,000. Amazon seriously needs to make some changes so we don't have to torture ourselves like that.
It more like 2500 I've been getting alot of free books lately. I go to eReaderIQ and they show all the free books add that day. I no longer have to hunt so I am grabbing quite a few now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #9
salsaguy
Addict

Interesting.
Just plugged in my Fire to recharge it and now all the apps show on the Carousel !
is it power dependent? Very strange
Old 01-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
salsaguy
Addict

Quote:
Has it been doing that ever since the update? Or did it just start randomly recently? I wonder if it was really in the update or if it's just a fluke.
Only started after the update
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am still seeing the apps. and I have 6.2.2
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
My carousel reverted again - now shows the apps just like it had before. Just to be clear; I already had the latest firmware installed before this happened. I didn't do anything to the unit to cause the change (that I can tell) and didn't do anything to cause it to go back.

I think the important lesson from this is that it is apparently pretty easy for the carousel to distinguish between apps and media, so theoretically it should be a simple matter to allow the user to toggle between showing different kinds of things in the carousel. You know, when Amazon releases their 6.2.3 software with the included carousel management features
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mine shows Apps today but yesterday I noticed that Apps were not shown. I did a recharge overnight.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
My Fire still shows my apps. It has been put through all the paces. I have had the new update and I have also charged the unit, put it to sleep, and shut down for the night.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
I've noticed mine going back and forth a few times lately, and I though even before the 6.2.2 update (but I could be wrong). Not sure what is going on. :/
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote