Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Cabell, James Branch: The Eagle’s Shadow, v1, 17 January 2010.

James Branch Cabell (1879-1958)
The Eagle’s Shadow (1904)

A romance. When a headstrong and beautiful girl inherits a lot of money it proves an obstacle to the young man who loves her. The story is told with a certain amount of ironic gusto.
From Project Gutenberg.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm glad you're working on these.

There's a LOT more out there - please rework mine, as well (if you haven't done so already).

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks, Don.
I hadn't come across this author before. But Ralph Sir Edward recommended him and had some electronic versions of books not available at PG which he let me convert. I'm rather enjoying them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Happy to introduce you to an author you enjoyed.

More will be coming.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Thanks, Don.
I hadn't come across this author before. But Ralph Sir Edward recommended him and had some electronic versions of books not available at PG which he let me convert. I'm rather enjoying them.
At one time, I was planning to do my doctoral work on him.

I have the limited/signed Storiesende edition, plus many, many numerous Kalki editions (that reflect many of Cabell's changes), plus a number of earlier works in first edition, and also an almost complete set of Kalki (a magazine edited by James Blish). These magazines were previously owned by Cabell's widow.

Currently, my 4 boxes of his work are still the U.S.

I also have two issues of "Cabell."

I would really like to see "Smirt," "Smith," and "Smire" worked into the Library, if anyone has easy and ready access to this trilogy. (Those were written under the name of "Branch Cabell.")

Cabell tried to incorporate all of his earlier fiction into the later Storiesende edition (into his cosmogology), and much of this earlier work, such as the "Rivet in Grandfather's Neck" is only cursorily interesting to the Cabell fanatic, of which I count myself as one.

The fantasy novel, "Something About Eve," is deliciously wicked and great fun to read.

At one time, Cabell was studied and there was a mini-revival of his work after Lin Carter (and James Blish) brought his work to the attention of the interested public. Academic interest (of a sort) followed, but it did not really move forward much (in my opinion). Today - unfortunately - he is a neglected writer who is best remembered within the niche of Fantasy/Sci-Fi cognoscenti.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-18-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
american literature