Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hanvon e920

I have come upon some thread over a Chinese forum where people praised e920 for its stability, such as reading for 1 week without any obvious crash.

Has anyone actually tried one? Sounds better than Onyx M90.

Why is there not a subcategory in this forum for Hanvon?
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

In my opinion E920 is not an alternative, because in the moment you can buy it only in China.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
In my opinion E920 is not an alternative, because in the moment you can buy it only in China.
actually I can buy it from China without problem.....The concern is howdoes the device perform.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
edwin1001
Banned
edwin1001 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, Apple iPad, Pocketbook Pro 603, Hanvon B10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
actually I can buy it from China without problem.....The concern is howdoes the device perform.
What about warranty in the rest of the world?
edwin1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
And you would get stuck with the 17% tax.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
jian1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
And you would get stuck with the 17% tax.
No biggie, in Canada they charge 13%HST.....and 10$ handling fee if it was shipped from abroad.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No biggie, in Canada they charge 13%HST.....and 10$ handling fee if it was shipped from abroad.
Suddenly I feel really good about our 5% local sales tax! And I hardly every pay anything (neither import nor sales taxes) for any items I have shipped to me below US $600.-
Old 11-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
jian1
Banned

Quote:
Suddenly I feel really good about our 5% local sales tax! And I hardly every pay anything (neither import nor sales taxes) for any items I have shipped to me below US $600.-
You lucky bastard... which state are you residing in? I was considering moving my entire family to Buffalo, NY, where house is MUCH MUCH cheaper. 1 hour driving to Toronto, or I can spare some gas seeing health personals in Niagra fall, On if I felt lazy.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard

I don't live in North America, I am an expat in Taiwan.

By the way, since you are Chinese, do you have any source of properly formatted Chinese ebooks (Traditional or Simplified)? All I can find are just continuous text, no paragraphs no indentations, nothing. I am looking for ebooks that look like pbooks. Hard to read and when you pause reading it takes ages to find your place again.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
jian1
Banned

Quote:
I don't live in North America, I am an expat in Taiwan.

By the way, since you are Chinese, do you have any source of properly formatted Chinese ebooks (Traditional or Simplified)? All I can find are just continuous text, no paragraphs no indentations, nothing. I am looking for ebooks that look like pbooks. Hard to read and when you pause reading it takes ages to find your place again.
Had a few. 史记, 古文观止 & 红楼梦,in PDFs, but heck, I am not that into Chinese literacy, particularly the archaic ones. I have a few books by Doris Lessing translated into Chinese, such as "The grass is singing", specifically for my mom, who doesn't read much English.

Other than the formers, the rest (90%) were technical or academic books in which you certainly won't be interested.

Trying google book title + PDF yields enough results for your like, mostly simplified Chinese. Haven't read any pbooks though, & not sure where u might run into them.

Or you could rearrange txt with openoffice, output as a PDF, yield acceptable results most the time. For myself, I have rearrange a book through Latex with indexes as long as the book is simple enough (no graphs, etc)
Old 11-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard

红楼梦, you sure like the heavy readings, lol. Even my wife, who taught Chinese literature, doesn't want to go through that one again.

Well I really did not want to do too much work before reading...

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
jian1
Banned

Quote:
红楼梦, you sure like the heavy readings, lol. Even my wife, who taught Chinese literature, doesn't want to go through that one again.

Well I really did not want to do too much work before reading...

Thanks for your suggestions.
红楼梦 挺白话的,至少比古文好啊,古文我看得是头晕的很,基本不认字。。。。
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
红楼梦 挺白话的,至少比古文好啊,古文我看得是头晕的很,基本不认字。。。。
我这种老外还是看简单一点的好!但是连我太太现在都喜欢看现代的书.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #14
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
So now we not only discuss a non-Onyx reader in the Onyx forum, but we also do it in Chinese?

Can we get back on topic, please (which is Onyx in this forum), and can we please discuss in english? Thanks.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #15
HansTWN
Wizard

Take it easy man, we just exchanged a few friendly words off topic, related to Chinese literature.