Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Dalek Fred
Dalek Fred began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Reader Library Fonts

I use 3.3 Reader Library for PC, and own a PRS-650.

My issue is this: I often re-format eBooks with different fonts to read on the eReader. However, my eReader now takes upwards of 2 minutes to refresh after disconnecting from my PC. Kinda annoyingly long wait to see how a book came out and if I need to re-do anything. And I'm not a fan of installing fonts into the ePub itself solely to see how an eBook will look in the Reader Library. No reason to have 100 copies of Gentium on the 650 just for that

SO, my question is this: where does the Reader Library access/keep it's fonts? I'd like to add the fonts I use in my eBooks there so I can see how the eBook looks in the Reader Library *before* adding it to my 650. Thus saving much un-needed plugging-in and un-plugging of the 650.
Dalek Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
You should look into PRS+ for your 650. As long as the ebook doesn't have embedded fonts, you can switch fonts easily while reading, in addition to many many more options it gives you.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi, there is some information about changing fonts over at the-ebook.org. Though it is meant for version 2.x.
Scroll down to "Russification program eBook Library"

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...akfHpjkD6_NODQ

And, to my knowledge this will only affect LRF-Books.
I don't know if Reader Library accepts any userStyle.css for epubs.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote