Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #136
GeorgK
Enthusiast
GeorgK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura HD; Kobo Aura H2O 2.Version V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by riedje View Post
Update 2: downgrading to calibre 0.9.29 while running version 1.3.1 of the plugin resolved my issues, I'm once again able to export files to the device!
I'm also suffering from that failure (...Failed to parse 'Alcatraz und die dunkle Bibliothek' by 'Brandon Sanderson' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' ...)

Unfortunately I don't have calibre 0.9.29 Installation file. Where did you get it?

Please help...

Georg
GeorgK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #137
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Look on the calibre download page for a line "Previous releases of calibre are available here."
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #138
robod
robod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
calibre, version 0.9.29

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

I have this error.
Firmware 2.5.1, plugin that i can take frm Calibre Plugins, ...
What can i do?
Thanks!
robod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #139
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Can you please paste the full debug log inside a CODE block?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #140
GeorgK
Enthusiast
GeorgK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura HD; Kobo Aura H2O 2.Version V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Can anyone getting the error 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 74) PM me a link to a book that's not working for them? I can't seem to find any in my library that are breaking but I need to see a book that's broken for others.
All books are affected - at least on my PC.

Regards
Georg
GeorgK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #141
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgK View Post
All books are affected - at least on my PC.

Regards
Georg
Yup. Because...

Quote:
It looks like this is actually a bug in Python 2.7.4. Clearly calibre can work around it so I'll have to investigate what calibre is doing and implement it.
And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgK View Post
I'm also suffering from that failure (...Failed to parse 'Alcatraz und die dunkle Bibliothek' by 'Brandon Sanderson' with error: 'character mapping must return integer, None or unicode' ...)

Unfortunately I don't have calibre 0.9.29 Installation file. Where did you get it?

Please help...

Georg
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Look on the calibre download page for a line "Previous releases of calibre are available here."
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #142
robod

Quote:
Can you please paste the full debug log inside a CODE block?
Here you have, thanks!

Code:
calibre Registro de depuración
calibre 0.9.29 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\David\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\KoboTouchExtended.zip'
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 553, in initialize_plugins
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 169, in load
  File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 13, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 16, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fix.container
Starting up...
Key u'A' for shortcut Añadir archivos a los registros de libros seleccionados is already used by Añadir libros, ignoring
Key u'N' for shortcut Ir al objeto anterior is already used by Ir a la siguiente coincidencia, ignoring
Key u'F3' for shortcut Ir al objeto anterior is already used by Ir a la siguiente coincidencia, ignoring
Key u'Alt+T' for shortcut Conmutar Explorador de etiquetas is already used by Libros con las mismas etiquetas, ignoring
Key u'Ctrl+F' for shortcut Iniciar búsqueda is already used by Búsqueda avanzada, ignoring
Key u'Alt+S' for shortcut Iniciar búsqueda is already used by Libros de la misma serie, ignoring
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:336: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
Started up in 98.03 seconds with 51 books
Locating zip file for KoboTouchExtended: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211135
Downloading plugin zip attachment:  https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105656&d=1368150466
Installing plugin:  C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_xjpt8e\ekmoos.zip
ERROR occurred while installing plugin: KoboTouchExtended
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
Due to error now uninstalling plugin: KoboTouchExtended
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #143
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You've been using this plugin for a while if you're getting that error! Did you have this installed from source in calibre 0.9.18 or earlier? If so, I'll refer you to the README file on GitHub, specifically the bit near the bottom starting with "If you have previously installed this plugin in calibre 0.9.18 or earlier...", for directions on solving this.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #144
robod

Quote:
You've been using this plugin for a while if you're getting that error! Did you have this installed from source in calibre 0.9.18 or earlier? If so, I'll refer you to the README file on GitHub, specifically the bit near the bottom starting with "If you have previously installed this plugin in calibre 0.9.18 or earlier...", for directions on solving this.
Thanks! I could solve this
Good luck with the project and thanks for your effort ^^
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #145
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I recently broke down and ordered an Aura. I'm not prepared to just donate an Aura, but I'd happily contribute some $$ towards an Aura for the devs to work with. Way back when, we used ChipIn to raise money for a prs500 for Kovid. ChipIn is gone now, but if someone suggests a reasonable crowdfunding alternative, I'd happily contribute. I suspect that other Aura owners would probably do the same.

Xenophon
I took your advice on crowdfunding. I finally got my PayPal account created and verified, and I found GoGetFunding as a ChipIn alternative. A fundraiser has been created (http://gogetfunding.com/project/kobo...er-development) and PayPal has also been added to the plugins list in calibre as a donation option.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #146
Vuilen
Vuilen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura / Ipad3
Hi,

I use Calibre 9.29.

When I try to install the plugin (Version 1.3.1) I get the following error :

calibre, version 0.9.29
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin

What can I do?

Thanks
Vuilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #147
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuilen View Post
Hi,

I use Calibre 9.29.

When I try to install the plugin (Version 1.3.1) I get the following error :

calibre, version 0.9.29
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin

What can I do?

Thanks
Did you have a much older version installed of the plugin? If so refer to the README for steps required to upgrade. (Check the first post in this thread)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #148
Vuilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Did you have a much older version installed of the plugin? If so refer to the README for steps required to upgrade. (Check the first post in this thread)
I uninstall it. After I download the last one (1.3.1) and then error ... It's not right method?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #149
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

No, that's not what the README or the first post in this thread tells you to do.

The way you tried it, I think you have to restart calibre after uninstalling and again after installing the new version.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #150
Vuilen

Well... think I forget some steps in the Readme... .

But my problem was that Calibre considered that I had plugin despite I already uninstall it.

I have to delete manually the c:\...\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\KoboTouchEx tended.zip and reinstall it normally.

And now is work !!!

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Vuilen; 05-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Tags
error, kobo aura one