Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
ember86
ember86 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
kobo touch free books missing

hi I have just got kobo touch for a chritmas present and was told it came with some free book but i cant find them can anybody help

also the facebook reading life award dissaperes everytime i sync my kt to my pc

thank you
ember86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
There was no on my Glo i got the other day.
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
There are free books available at the Kobo bookstore, lots of other places, too.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
I never noticed any on my Touch (to be fair I never looked for them lol) until I was hooked up in Calibre and under "Device" selected "show books in main memory". They appeared there. They stood out from the others because they were shown as not in my Calibre library.

Last edited by kevenv; 01-10-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Terrible spelling
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...none&g=both&l=

That's 1894928 of free books.

Or, do any search on the kobobooks.com site (even with an empty search field), and above the results list find the "filter" drop down menu. From that, select "Free only".
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember86 View Post
hi I have just got kobo touch for a chritmas present and was told it came with some free book but i cant find them can anybody help
The Touch doesn't come with any free books - just a dozen or so book previews. It was the Kobo Wi-Fi, and possibly the original, that came pre-loaded with 100 public domain books - all of which you can get from Project Gutenberg. If you want freebies that you don't have to download manually (they'll be downloaded by your Touch like any book purchased by Kobo), you can go to Kobo's badly-arranged free section.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote