Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #61
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
It's still some nice upgrades. only letdown is if you wanted a bigger display/different form factor.
Oh my gosh would any true Apple person want something different from a tiny little 3.5" display.

You should really think about how it would look in your pants since a large device would never fit in your shirt pocket.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #62
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Oddly enough, that was the exact demo they showed.
I can see it now.

"Dear, you left the office 3 hours ago. Where the hell have you been?"
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #63
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The GSII is nice but I got my eye on the Galaxy Note.

=X=
I envy you guy.

I just got too many un-budgeted costs impacting me for this fiscal year (Jul- Jul). Maybe 2012 Christmas, "I will get lucky."

Or maybe the estimated 1000USD unlocked cost will go down.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #64
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Siri - totally underwhelmed by this feature. It's something I'll never use. What I wanted was a thicker iPod touch with a larger battery, an AF camera, a GPS and compass. What we got instead was the same iPod we got last year. How lame.
Perhaps you need the Galaxy S WiFi Player 5.0.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151982
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Perhaps you need the Galaxy S WiFi Player 5.0.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151982
The 5.0 is too large. I'm watching the 4.0 and waiting for some hands on reviews.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #66
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Oh my gosh would any true Apple person want something different from a tiny little 3.5" display.

You should really think about how it would look in your pants since a large device would never fit in your shirt pocket.
I think 3.8" is good. No more than 4" unless I gain a hundred pounds. Fat people=large display phones. You know it and I know it.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #67
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

I definitely see the advantages of quick access, and I don't really have an issue with people seeing my photo roll-its just anything that gets behind the passcode seems
like an opportunity for an exploit or two-especially as that was one of the big issues of the first iPhone (being able to get thru the passcode to access contacts, etc.)
I guess if I was going to look for a weak spot, I'd be looking where the armour seems thinnest, so I see a decent point there. Perhaps they had consciousness of that (the history) during development and have armoured it accordingly? I guess we won't know until...

Not that it matters to anyone, but I'll be preordering a 64GB one come Friday. My 2-year iPhone 3GS contract with Virgin Mobile finishes on the 8th, so it's perfect timing.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #68
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
I think 3.8" is good. No more than 4" unless I gain a hundred pounds. Fat people=large display phones. You know it and I know it.
I like "Flat people=large display phones."

I will put my abs against yours any day, little Otter.

Oh, I forgot to ask "How does you statement reconcile with the 10" pads which I consider way too big since they won't fit in my shirt pocket?

Last edited by frahse; 10-04-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #69
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I like "Flat people=large display phones."

I will put my abs against yours any day, little Otter.
I'd prefer you didn't.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #70
OtterBooks
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to ask "How does you statement reconcile with the 10" pads which I consider way too big since they won't fit in my shirt pocket?
I ain't gots no 10" pads. If I did have an iPad it probably wouldn't leave home.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #71
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
I'd prefer you didn't.
I should have been more careful with my wording. Anyway, that statement rings true on two counts.

But did you see my follow up remark in edit on the 10" pads. I am eager to hear your retort.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #72
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
The 5.0 is too large. I'm watching the 4.0 and waiting for some hands on reviews.
The 4.0 has the same number of pixels, 480x800.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #73
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Not that it matters to anyone, but I'll be preordering a 64GB one come Friday. My 2-year iPhone 3GS contract with Virgin Mobile finishes on the 8th, so it's perfect timing.

Cheers,
Marc
totally missed that they are releasing a 64G model!
My 3GS contract expired as well...
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
My 3GS contract expired as well...
My old school Samsung flip phone contract expired some time ago. I think I'll get one of those newer style old school flip phones. You know, the ones that can make phone calls and do some occasional texting.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
My old school Samsung flip phone contract expired some time ago. I think I'll get one of those newer style old school flip phones. You know, the ones that can make phone calls and do some occasional texting.
The Loved One will inherit my 3GS, though for the last year, post-retirement day, he has been using my old Nokio 6300 "candybar". As a phone, the Nokia's a good phone (fits in a jeans coin-pocket!). But I use my iPhone less as a phone and more as a shrunkeded 3G tablet and photography-tool. I like easily portable connectivity and assorted app-tools, just so long as I don't have to speak to anyone.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote