Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Alex start a Jetbook Forum?
Yes, C'mon Alex!! 90 79.65%
No 14 12.39%
I'd like to follow the results 9 7.96%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
A new forum does take time to create and it needs people to moderate it.

Alex (founder/owner) does this board with the help of volunteers, and is working, I"m sure, on creating a jetbook forum.

Please be patient.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #47
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
A new forum does take time to create and it needs people to moderate it.

Alex (founder/owner) does this board with the help of volunteers, and is working, I"m sure, on creating a jetbook forum.

Please be patient.
Good News!!! Maybe you know when can we expect A “Grand Opening”?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Good News!!! Maybe you know when can we expect A “Grand Opening”?
No.........I know nothing about that end.

Expect it when you see it!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #49
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No.........I know nothing about that end.

Expect it when you see it!
I see it every day in my dreams
Old 06-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did vote to have a Jetbook forum. It's only fair to have one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Apparently not!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #52
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I guess in the meantime I should use the "Other Devices" forum to start a new thread? (sorry if I used the terms wrong - I'm new to forums)
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I guess in the meantime I should use the "Other Devices" forum to start a new thread? (sorry if I used the terms wrong - I'm new to forums)
If it pertains to your jetbook, I would say yes.

Unless someone can correct me?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #54
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Unless someone can correct me?
It's not nice to correct your elders

Sorry, but the god of whimsy made me do it.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
It's not nice to correct your elders

Sorry, but the god of whimsy made me do it.
HEY! I"m not THAT old...........yet!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #56
Kris777
Banned

Any news about jetBook forum? Maybe approx date or month?
Old 06-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #57
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
Yesterday I thought I was going to wait for the new smaller Astak to come out, but today the Jetbook has caught my eye. Will I ever settle down and make a commitment? And will I be happy, when my heart belongs to that elusive Readius? Stay tuned, e-Readers. Meantime, a few questions to those of you who already have a Jetbook. How is it reading in bright sunshine? Is the battery replaceable? Do any bricks and mortar stores carry these things so I could lay my hands on one? Seems like it is only sold online as far as I can tell. In a perfect world I'd like to assess the fit and feel of this in a pocket. Portability is the key issue for me. I need a super-portable unit I won't mind carrying around at all times just in case the opportunity arises for a few moments of reading in my busy life.
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #58
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
DrBen,
I've never tried reading the jetBook (or pbooks!) in bright sunshine since that would give me a headache in any case, but there are many threads with screenshots of the jetBook together with eink readers in varying levels of light. Lowlight reading is quite acceptable though - even at levels where eink would need additional lighting (so I have read).
Battery is not user replaceable. But I haven't heard of any problems with the supplied battery.
Bed, Bath and Beyond sells them in many of their stores ($200 including the 20% off coupon).
Excellent portability.
Available today (I'm not certain of the Astak 5" availability date).

No you'll never be 100% happy or sad with any choice - there are pros and cons to all of the current devices - and that elusive ideal device is always promised to be coming in the not-too-distant future (as yet to be exactly named).
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #59
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBen View Post
Yesterday I thought I was going to wait for the new smaller Astak to come out, but today the Jetbook has caught my eye. Will I ever settle down and make a commitment? And will I be happy, when my heart belongs to that elusive Readius? Stay tuned, e-Readers. Meantime, a few questions to those of you who already have a Jetbook. How is it reading in bright sunshine? Is the battery replaceable? Do any bricks and mortar stores carry these things so I could lay my hands on one? Seems like it is only sold online as far as I can tell. In a perfect world I'd like to assess the fit and feel of this in a pocket. Portability is the key issue for me. I need a super-portable unit I won't mind carrying around at all times just in case the opportunity arises for a few moments of reading in my busy life.
Hi DrBen,

Portability is the key issue for me too. JetBook is the smallest among available e-book readers. You can test it in BB&B stores. I read jetBook very often inside and outside and TFT screen looks good for me in both cases.

You can find more information about jetBook on this page:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47377
Old 06-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #60
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Well, in the "Other Devices" forum - where such posts should go, there have been a total of three posts made about Jetbooks in the last week. There's probably been a few others that would have gone there if placed properly.

That hardly warrants its own forum.

Not everything needs its own forum or should have it. When Jetbook traffic gets obnoxious enough that it is evident it needs one, then it should get one.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote