Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #61
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Well, I just flopped down on my Kobo Glo, and with a crack, it croaked. I guess that is my perfect excuse to pre-order the V6L. (Nevermind that I have other readers ... buying something new is the best way to not get annoyed with myself for killing my favorite reading device!)
I am looking forward to reading your review of it!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #62
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I placed the pre-order, so hopefully they'll ship these soon! Yes, I'll share some impressions when it gets here. I still think it looks a little bulky, but I guess those are necessary sacrifices for side buttons and speakers. Here's hoping it'll run Moon+ or at least CC.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #63
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Oh no, Mivo! What a sad way for the Kobo Glo to go
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:41 AM   #64
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mhm, it was pretty unfortunate since I always felt it was pretty sturdy. It was under the blanket, I dropped down on the bed, and the Glo cracked in the middle (I actually don't fully understand why -- I wasn't exactly jumping on it and the mattress/blanket should have protected it) . Oh well, it did make pre-ordering the V6L an easy decision, and now I'm excitedly looking forward to a new toy! Still, the Glo was definitely my favorite reader, and if the V6L disappoints, I'll get myself the new Aura for Christmas.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #65
Donatzsky
Donatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toysDonatzsky shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Seems like it might already be for sale here in France, as the It Works ET602.
http://www.darty.com/nav/achat/audio...rks_et602.html

It's definitely the same case. However, the ET602 specs says 800x600 px, whereas the V6L is 1024x758 px.

Does anyone know the weight and dimensions of the V6L?
Donatzsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #66
Mivo
Fanatic

I haven't heard from the company yet, and they didn't ship anything. "Late November" was probably too optimistic an estimate!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #67
Homunkulus
Homunkulus began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
According to an Facebook answer they already shipping readers since the end of last week...

They said that all preorders will be shipped until the end of december..

I don't know why this takes so long?
Homunkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #68
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I would love to get one of these but lately I find I use my phone more to read on than my Kindle. My phone is always on me, always ready. Maybe I'll get a larger phone instead.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #69
Mivo
Fanatic

I dropped them an email yesterday and I received (on a Saturday) an answer within amazing ten minutes. The customer support person wrote that they are shipping them out in the order that the pre-orders were received and that everyone who did pre-order will definitely get the device before the end of the month. So, I'm semi-patiently waiting for mine.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #70
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
I dropped them an email yesterday and I received (on a Saturday) an answer within amazing ten minutes. The customer support person wrote that they are shipping them out in the order that the pre-orders were received and that everyone who did pre-order will definitely get the device before the end of the month. So, I'm semi-patiently waiting for mine.
I hope it comes soon, and that you are very happy with it!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #71
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Good e-Reader says:

Quote:
We have official confirmation today that the ImcoV6L e-reader is delayed and will be shipping out in February or March of 2014.
http://goodereader.com/blog/e-reader...til-early-2014
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #72
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
That is for the american market.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #73
Homunkulus
Homunkulus began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Any (good) news?

Has anyone got their device?
Homunkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #74
Peleke
Peleke began at the beginning.

Device: Currently: Imcosys ImcoV6L - Soon: Onyx T68
I have the device but it is my first eReader so I don't know what is good or normal etc...
Peleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #75
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peleke View Post
I have the device but it is my first eReader so I don't know what is good or normal etc...
It is great to hear that you have recieved the device. Obviously you cannot compare it with other e-readers, but any observations that you have on it (what you like, don't like, etc.) would be very interesting to hear about.