Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Krytes
Enthusiast
Krytes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question Writing to the SD card?

Does anyone know whether it's theoretically possible for the Hanlin V3 to write to the SD card? (I'm hoping that it will eventually be possible to correct typos in my ebooks from within the reader).
Krytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytes View Post
Does anyone know whether it's theoretically possible for the Hanlin V3 to write to the SD card? (I'm hoping that it will eventually be possible to correct typos in my ebooks from within the reader).
Don't your mount your device via USB and copy files to the card? This means it is writeable inside the device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Krytes
Enthusiast
Krytes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Don't your mount your device via USB and copy files to the card? This means it is writeable inside the device.

Dale

I've been copying directly from my computer to the card, but of course you're right. Thanks!
Krytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That could theoretically be just a function of the USB bridge chip. More to the point, though, the Most Recently Read folder in the root of the SD card is in fact a file that the V3 updates when a book is read. The same is true for the bookmarks, which are stored as one file per book in another folder in the root of the SD card
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote