Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Xeniph
Xeniph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle Warranty?

All right, I'm a warranty newb.

I'm being forced to sell my Kindle 2 (a girl's gotta eat, ya know?) and I have the 2 year extended warranty on it. I would assume that the warranty can be transferred to the new owner but I've never dealt with this before.

What do I do to make sure the buyer can use the warranty? What would they do to use it if something went wrong with the Kindle?

Thanks for any help you can provide! ^_^

Last edited by Xeniph; 11-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Xeniph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
You can in fact sign it over to the new owner of the Kindle. The information is contained in the warranty papers that they sent you. I sold my K2 when I bought my DX in August and found everything I need in that packet.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
You can also email CS for help with this. They're awfully good.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
This should make it clearer.......from the Kindle support page.

"Protect your Kindle for two full years -- Every Kindle comes with a one-year manufacturer's warranty. With the 2-Year Extended Warranty for Kindle, you will receive protection against accidental damage such as drops or spills for the entire two years. In the 2nd year, your coverage extends to protect against failures that occur during normal operation. This helps avoid the inconvenience and costs associated with a broken device. The warranty stays with the device even if it is gifted or sold to another party.
What is Covered

* Two years of coverage (limited to a single claim) for accidental drops or damage such as spills that affect the functionality of your covered device
* One additional year of coverage (after the end of the manufacturers warranty) for failures that occur during normal operation
* Only available for U.S.-based customers

How it Works

* Purchase 2-Year Extended Warranty for your qualifying Kindle (you will receive an email and an information packet in the mail)
* Contact Service Net customer service at (877) 441-3836 if your Kindle fails
* For covered failures, receive a replacement Kindle and return your damaged device to Service Net "
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote