Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
geraldt
geraldt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Sony-Ericsson p990i
hi from the Czech Republic!

Hi there,

My name is Gerald and live / work in Brno. I'm an English Teacher (surprise surprise) and have been using my crackalicious PRS-505 for about a month now and, of course, I'm in love with it.

A funny thing though--got the device itself over eBay and wanted the clip-on light and tried to buy it through the sonystyle store and it rejected my Czech credit card. --well, it still charged me but the purchase failed. Bank took care of the charges and made them go away.

This is nothing of a surprise based on what I've read in the forrum. The funny thing is I was able to use my Czech credit card to register on the connect store and redeemed my 100 free books and have managed to buy a few.

So, sonystyle doesn't like my card but sonny-connect does. Weird, eh?

-gerald
geraldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Gerald
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Vitat na MobileRead.

I probably messed that up, but welcome to the forum anyway.

This may seem an odd question, but have you ever heard of the author Michal Ajvaz? Am trying to find his works in English, with very little success.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote