Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Activate 3G and wifi at once

I had a thought: is it possible to use 3G on the Kindle, while also having wifi activated for other services? Thanks for the input.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjheiss View Post
I had a thought: is it possible to use 3G on the Kindle, while also having wifi activated for other services? Thanks for the input.
The hardware can do that.

The controlling files and scripts that selects one or the other with a preference for 3G would have to be changed on the device.

I can't get into detail because I don't know anything about the those details.
Another member here that has been studying those control files might be able to give details.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
sjheiss
Connoisseur

Could you point me to this person of which you speak, or point him to this thread?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjheiss View Post
Could you point me to this person of which you speak, or point him to this thread?
Sorry if I was not clear.

I do not know who that person might be, just know there are members here that fit the discription.
I am new to this site myself and new to the Kindle device.

My prior interest was media players - http://MiniModding.com and http://OpenPlayer.org
But rather than re-open that site to new registrations and add a section for e-book readers (already have a section for ARM devices), thought I would just join in here.

Communications and device connectivity are things that interest me, I may end up making some changes to my own Kindle since I don't like the lack of control Amazon thinks the owner should have over their own device.

Last edited by knc1; 02-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
sjheiss
Connoisseur

Ah I see, I misunderstood you. Well, hopefully such a person will see this thread and could share what the know.

I am just starting to get into programming and development, so I don't yet have the skills that the awesome devs here have. But I'm a fast learner, and mobile ARM devices have long been an interest of mine.
Advert