Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Unhappy Covers and thumbnails not matching in Mobipocket Reader

I just did a mass conversion on my extensive library in LIT format to MOBI format. I spent hours updating the metadata and covers using calibre.

However... I have about a half-dozen books whose thumbnails don't match their covers. Niggling detail, I know, but still annoying.

No matter how many times I try updating and reconverting those few books, I cannot get the thumbnails to match the covers. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I looked at mobi2mobi, but am not convinced that's the right thing.

Thanks!
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the problem that the book contains the wrong thumbnail image, or that Mobi Reader is displaying the wrong thumbnail image?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I don't know. Actually, I don't know enough about how the metadata is stored inside the MOBI files to even begin to decide.

What I do know, though, is that of the 200+ books I converted from LIT and then updated the covers, only 6 refuse to display the proper thumbnail. That's why I suspect somehow the thumbnail is fubar'd, rather than being a MobiPocket display issue.

All I have now is calibre and MobiPocket. I don't have any other tools to even check the thumbnail display.

Any other hints?
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Get tompe's "mobi2mobi" tools (download here). One of these tools is called "mobi2html", and will expand a Mobipocket book into its source. You can then look at the opf file, see what thumbnail image is referenced, and see if the image is the correct one. If necessary, you can then replace the image and rebuild the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote