Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
john folkard
john folkard began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Cool HTML formatting

Hi I'm new to the forum so I hope his is in the right place.

Having spent weeks formatting a txt file into a word file then exporting it to html, I find that most of the formatting doesn't work (it did look really great though). Having stripped most of the html code out using editplus and then converting with Calibre (.5.1.4)

1st problem:
My PRS505 doesn't seem to be able to draw rules, so anything I want to put in a box (Table in word/html) so I can't separate cols heads with a rule (I can live without vertical rules) and the white text out of black table cells

2nd problem:
I effectively want to add a bullet (unicode 2022) with the subsequent paragraphs aligning with the text. Further nested indents use a em rule (unicode 2014). This works in the reader in calible but not on my PRS505
The only way I seem to be able to get anywhere near is to use unordered lists, but these put in massive para spaces inbetween.

I've tried reversing some lrf files to see what codes are used in the UL tag, but these don't seem to work once it goes through calibre again.

Calibre also seems to put indents in paragraphs (even though setting says 0) any ideas on that.

Looking forward to solutions - I have another 3 books to do
john folkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Honestly, the HTML that word churns out is worse than dog puke. Use notepad.

That said, here goes.

Tables: I picked up a simple HTML example document from here. It has a few tables. Loaded it into calibre, converted it to epub. Loaded onto reader.

Looks great; tables work just fine for me. A horizontal rule example from this page worked fine too.

I'm not sure what you are after with the lists, do you mean a nested one like this (worked fine as epub on the reader)? I can't get all bullet types to show but the ones here work fine.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert