Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
4.3 on iPod Touch 4G?

I downloaded the update but am hesitating about applying it to my iPod Touch. There have been some reports of 'freaky graphical glitches' with iPT4G:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/15/i...ios-4-3-updat/
and also problems with specific apps such as Layar:
http://www.macworld.com/article/1585...#lsrc.rss_main

I'm inclined to wait for 4.3.1 or whatever; the only new feature of interest to me is the Safari speedup.

Just wondering if anyone has updated on iPT4G without any issues.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I upgraded; but then, I only use my touch for a toy. I mostly use it to stream music and radio shows (BBC, AOL Radio, AccuRadio, Pandora, etc). I also surf the net, read news and an occasional email.

I don't do business email, calendar, contacts, etc. Nor do I do social websites like Facebook or Twitter. Reading books is out, because the screen is too small. I also don't load music on it. I much prefer my Sansa Clip+ for that function. It's a much better player and much smaller. I also don't pay for content of any sort. I only use free apps and services.

I never carry the touch around, because it's too big. It mostly stays home in a speaker dock. On vacation, I plan to take it with me to watch movies and to use travel apps.

So far, I haven't had any problems.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Mine is working fine with update, no hiccups at all and I do all of the above
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote