Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #871
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I have a quick question for you guys?
How can one get an account/email @iduokan.com ?
this post may help.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #872
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
The newer version seems to have better PDF support but not tried yet still waiting for OTA version later this afternoon.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #873
aranwe
Enthusiast
aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch
great job about the english translation!
may i ask how does the bootling work on kindle touch? - you choose at bootloader what to boot or there is an extension for it?
thanks
aranwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #874
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
Hi everybody!

English language pack ford Duokan 2012: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html

I am going to try this English pack. After DK_System_english folder is merged with DK_System folder, a reboot is required. How do you reboot the Kindle - everything is in Chinese?
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #875
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

deleted

Last edited by thomass; 11-28-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #876
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Going back to R6.5 because 7.1 still got words stick together problem (in PDF) and battery lasted shorter than R6.5.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #877
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayeffect View Post
What I want is when I restart my Kindle it will restart the normal way like Duokan doesn’t exist, I use Duokan with launchpad only to read same of my pdf using the “enable smart layout”.
you may try to create a blank DUOKAN_NO file in your Kindle (in USB root (ie mnt/us) )

if you have trouble creating this file you may use the attached one:

(works on Kindle Touch)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DUOKAN_NO.zip (152 Bytes, 393 views)

Last edited by thomass; 11-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #878
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guit4eva View Post
When I try switch to Doukan lite 2012 using the Launchpad key combo SHIFT D F, I get this error:

DS: KS: TLI

with "failure" at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone knows what this means? I've been trying to get Doukan running on my Kindle 3.4 for a few days now, really need some help!!
please try this method instead.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #879
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Is there a way to get rid of the DK folders? DK_Documents, etc.? Or possibly to change the home directory? I've got all my files in \documents\ so that they can be used by the Kindle OS. Ideally I'd like the home page for DK to be in that folder, but if not, I'd at least like to get rid of the DK folders I don't use at all.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #880
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
Is there a way to get rid of the DK folders?
DuoKan 2012 needs the DK_System folder only . You can use the "documents folder" or any other folder to store your documents for this version and delete other DuoKan related folders.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #881
andy1m
Enthusiast

Version R6.5 (2012.10.19.16744.rtm) is the best to me. My NT version is 4.0.1

The battery lasted much longer and screen looks clearer and the fonts seems darker. Smart Layout for PDF is just perfect, without words sticking together and fonts look very neat. MOBI and EPUB support is just as good!

It's certainly worth a closer look!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #882
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
DuoKan 2012 needs the DK_System folder only . You can use the "documents folder" or any other folder to store your documents for this version and delete other DuoKan related folders.
I know DK_System needs to stay put, but when I deleted the others, they were just recreated somehow. It's those that I am asking about.

Though again, the ideal solution would be some configuration file that states where the home button takes you, and being able to change that to kindle:\documents\ so that the useful part of the file system is the default location.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #883
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
I know DK_System needs to stay put, but when I deleted the others, they were just recreated somehow. It's those that I am asking about.

Though again, the ideal solution would be some configuration file that states where the home button takes you, and being able to change that to kindle:\documents\ so that the useful part of the file system is the default location.
if all of DK_Documents, DK_Download, DK_News and DK_Sync files are created then this may work:
  1. comment out 980th line of the DuoKanInstall.sh
    Spoiler:
    Code:
    # 7. install ducuments dirs
    #install_documents
  2. update Duokan
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #884
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Hello Everybody!

Nyilván senki sem tud közületek magyarul, de a képek magukért beszélnek. Mint ahogy azt említettem lehetséges a Duokan angol és magyar nyelvre fordítása touch/paperwhite kindle-n. A fordítás folyamatban. Egy kép ami elmond mindent:

Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #885
tonuzzo84
tonuzzo84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
Hello Everybody!
Nyilván senki sem tud közĂĽletek magyarul, de a kĂ©pek magukĂ©rt beszĂ©lnek. Mint ahogy azt emlĂ*tettem lehetsĂ©ges a Duokan angol Ă©s magyar nyelvre fordĂ*tása touch/paperwhite kindle-n. A fordĂ*tás folyamatban. Egy kĂ©p ami elmond mindent:
Does it work for Kindle Touch too?
tonuzzo84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf