Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #91
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Some of us have to work for a living, you know. Not sure who that applies to, but it sure sounds good.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #92
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Some of us have to work for a living, you know. Not sure who that applies to, but it sure sounds good.
But would your delusions be as intense if you did not work for a living? I'm just asking.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #93
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Not me! Bugger me, that pool's chilly! I thought it was supposed to be summer here! If I can't drown meself, I'll drown me sorrows - where's your liquor cabinet, mate?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #94
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Not me!
And your excuse is.....?

Me? I'm inexcusable. And still searching for the "Reality" switch on the control panel. Hey, what's this button labelled "Bunnies and Ice Cream" do?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #95
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
DesertGrandma? DixieGal? DonnaGeddon? Will they all fit?

Cheers,
Marc (say "G'day" to Narnia for me!)
Thinking of it now, I'm not quite sure...

You're asking to choose between a trigger happy stick twirler, a lethal snacker of worlds and a beer prescribing apprentice pshychologist...

I like beer as a treatment and I got to snack on my part of this world...
That leaves the stick twirler. Off to the closet. Do we have one?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #96
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
And your excuse is.....?
I wrote it all down, but VR ate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You're asking to choose between a trigger happy stick twirler, a lethal snacker of worlds and a beer prescribing apprentice pshychologist...
When given a choice, subvert the paradigm (that is, take them all).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #97
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Gotta pay for contractors some way or another.

BTW, Capt Pinktoe was the proud owner of one now 90 year old house that an unwitting psychiatrist bought off him when he retired to the VI. I blame him for the contractors...
And that should affect our welcome of Capt'n Pinkytoe, how?

Quote:
Don't make me reposess your sanity, missy!
Don't worry. Here in the UK we get sanity from the councils and government for free.

<mumbling from off-stage>

What? Oh. Sorry, it's the insanity we get from the local councils and government. Well, I'm sure it'll do till we get the legal challenge set up. I'm sure Ricky will help in this case.

Quote:
Yes, otters! And pandas! It's the pandotters! Run for your lives!
Ahhhh. Pan drops. Love 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Hey everybody, there's a party at pshrynk's house!!!

He has a pool too!!!

I think he just saw the pshyrnk bill (hmm. I mis-typed that as bull....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Do we have a closet to lock DG in?
Quote:
DesertGrandma? DixieGal? DonnaGeddon? Will they all fit?
Is there such a thing as a closet that would hold that mighty triumverate.

Quote:
And still searching for the "Reality" switch on the control panel.
It's the Blue one. You should know the rest of the directions...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #98
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
It's the Blue one. You should know the rest of the directions...
ah, heu, i've recently discovered that due to a programming error which occurred one day while the fish was on a break, that switch is actually missing from some profile CPs. sorry for the inconvenience. the fish is hoping to rectify the omission in a future update. we've got no info on a projected implementation date, as fish seem not to operate under the same sense of time as the rest of us.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #99
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah, heu, i've recently discovered that due to a programming error which occurred one day while the fish was on a break, that switch is actually missing from some profile CPs. sorry for the inconvenience. the fish is hoping to rectify the omission in a future update. we've got no info on a projected implementation date, as fish seem not to operate under the same sense of time as the rest of us.
Since you seem somewhat familiar with this, I don't suppose you'd also be able to explain the rather, ummm, strange settings that my version of the switch has:
  1. Lounge (which is what it is currently set to)
  2. On (okay, I can cope with the idea of this, if not the actual use)
  3. Oner (to quote one resident, Wait.... What?)
  4. Dis-onest (Ummm Excuse-me?)
  5. Marc (This setting scares me. And it seems to have a lot of safety interlocks that if I ever did manage to get the switch into this setting I'm worried I'd never get out of.)
Old 06-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #100
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Since you seem somewhat familiar with this, I don't suppose you'd also be able to explain the rather, ummm, strange settings that my version of the switch has:
  1. Lounge (which is what it is currently set to)
  2. On (okay, I can cope with the idea of this, if not the actual use)
  3. Oner (to quote one resident, Wait.... What?)
  4. Dis-onest (Ummm Excuse-me?)
  5. Marc (This setting scares me. And it seems to have a lot of safety interlocks that if I ever did manage to get the switch into this setting I'm worried I'd never get out of.)
frankly, i recommend you leave it on "lounge". that's safest.

"oner" is like "on" but to the power of eleventy. very few people have the mental fortitude to cope with this setting, and the ones who do have endured many years of rigourous training and preparation first.

"dis-onest" is the opposite of one step beyond "oner".

"marc" you're right to be scared. that setting tangles every possible trouser leg of reality into a single inextricable knot (frequently referred to as the "rich tapestry") and while a steady stream of zcds (preferably taken intravenously) should help attenuate the effects it's generally recommended that you just not try it. particularly those exhibiting a particularly sensitive reaction to squirrels.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #101
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
frankly, i recommend you leave it on "lounge". that's safest.
Hmmm. "Lounge" and "safest" are not words I'd normal expect to see almost adjacent. However in this context that seems eminently reasonable. I shall leave it as set.

Quote:
"oner" is like "on" but to the power of eleventy. very few people have the mental fortitude to cope with this setting, and the ones who do have endured many years of rigourous training and preparation first.
I don't know why, but the training and preparation sound scary. I'm worried it might include such things as chocolate deprivation.

Quote:
"dis-onest" is the opposite of one step beyond "oner".
Interestingly, you don't indicate any training or preparation is necessary for this. On those grounds I shall henceforth think of this setting as "Politician".

Quote:
"marc" you're right to be scared. that setting tangles every possible trouser leg of reality into a single inextricable knot (frequently referred to as the "rich tapestry") and while a steady stream of zcds (preferably taken intravenously) should help attenuate the effects it's generally recommended that you just not try it. particularly those exhibiting a particularly sensitive reaction to squirrels.

I'm just glad there isn't an "Adrian" setting....
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #102
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hmmm. "Lounge" and "safest" are not words I'd normal expect to see almost adjacent. However in this context that seems eminently reasonable. I shall leave it as set.
yes, well, i am speaking comparatively there. you'll notice i make no claim that it is "safe" in any absolute sense of the word.

Quote:
I don't know why, but the training and preparation sound scary. I'm worried it might include such things as chocolate deprivation.
tch ! the chocolate deprivation would be the LEAST of your worries.

Quote:
Interestingly, you don't indicate any training or preparation is necessary for this. On those grounds I shall henceforth think of this setting as "Politician".
you wouldn't be the only one.

Quote:

ah, well, i felt that it was probably best to avoid all mention of *that* setting, on grounds that simply being aware that it exists can definitively alter certain spacio-temporal perceptions.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #103
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Hey...look at that...

Hey, everybody! Mine's got an "Adrian" setting! Hmm, it's kind of smudged...with something brown, sticky, kind of awful-smelling-except-with-an-undercurrent-of-banana-that's-kinda-pleasant-which-is-odd-because-I-don't-like-bananas. It's been used...quite often it seems, from the fingerprints amidst the smearing.

I'm gonna flick it. Yeah, I'll do that. Now. Hey look, my epidermal ridges slide right into the fingerprints like a banana into its own skin...[click!........ wwwwwwwWWWWWHIIIIRRRRRRRRRR....POCK! doioioioioioing....BANG!]

[DIVIDE BY FISH ERROR. PLEASE INSERT AND LET THE DOG OUT, AND CAN YOU PICK UP SOME SQUIRREL MILK ON THE WAY HOME. REINSERT UNIVERSE AND PRESS EVERY KEY]

...and now a word from our sponsors...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRoh,look,a cookieGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Normal service will return shortly. Please check the letter before dialling again. At the third stroke, it will be eleventy-oh-five and I'm going back for seconds. Hold your ears, folks - it's Squirrel Time! Okay boobies and tubies, let's go to the videotape!"

In the beginning was the word, and the bird was the word. Everything starts...

...NOW!

Thank you for calling Adrian. How can I help you?

Last edited by montsnmags; 06-28-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #104
zelda_pinwheel

ahem. all persons who have not undergone the appropriate training / filed a complete set of waivers / submitted written permission from their medical practitioner, please disregard the above post completely. just pretend you didn't see it. really. it will make things much easier for you.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #105
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
ahem. all persons who have not undergone the appropriate training / filed a complete set of waivers / submitted written permission from their medical practitioner, please disregard the above post completely. just pretend you didn't see it. really. it will make things much easier for you.
Thank you for that. I think my brain just exploded.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote