Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
paultheitguy
paultheitguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Author suddenly not showing on all new books emailed from Calibre

I wonder if anyone can advise on a problem that has suddenly started.

I use Calibre to manage all the books I don't get from Amazon for my Kindle. For a year this has worked really well until last night (25th Aug 2011) when I tried to email a new book to my device. It emails out fine, and downloads to the device, but when it appears there the author field does not show the author, but my gmail address instead. So where before it would have said "Oliver Twist" as the title and "Charles Dickens" as the author it now says "Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens" as the title and "myaddress at gmail dot com" as the author.

At first I thought it was a problem with a specific book, which I converted to various different formats, but then it happened with another book and finally it happened when I tried emailing myself a book that had worked fine a few days prior to this problem (23th Aug).

I am not sure if this is a problem with Calibre (v 0.8.15) or the Kindle (v3.1) so have logged it here and on the Kindle boards. Books I have downloaded direct from Amazon seem to display correctly - I downloaded one this morning just to check.

I'd be grateful if anyone could elaborate on a possible solution.

Many thanks

Paul C
paultheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a problem with Amazon's e-mailing service. It's been reported in a number of threads. Hopefully Amazon will fix it soon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
paultheitguy
paultheitguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks - I'll dig out my cable and do it that way until it's fixed.
paultheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote