Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Yet Another Craptastic Feature of the Sony eBookstore

Apparently, now it's going to overcharge for books, too!

Haha, I was just browsing the eBookstore, and saw that the Romona the Pest bundle is listed for $39.92, and the eBookstore is selling it for the bargain price of... $42.95. Thanks, Sony! That sure is a bargain!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebookstore.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	40997  

Last edited by bookwerm; 12-10-2009 at 02:07 PM.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
Apparently, now it's going to overcharge for books, too!

Haha, I was just browsing the eBookstore, and saw that the Romona the Pest bundle is listed for $39.92, and the eBookstore is selling it for the bargain price of... $42.95. Thanks, Sony! That sure is a bargain!
Wow! I already added that to my cart! I'm going to purchase it before they realize their mistake and change it!
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
Still no where near the mark up they get for works available at Project Gutenberg.
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
Still no where near the mark up they get for works available at Project Gutenberg.
The Sony versions of PD books used to be free (do they still do that? my coupon is still good), the others you see are from tons of different publishers trying to make easy money.

I'm sure it's just an error, send them an email. I still love them for that Women Sleuths bundle ($5.69 for 3 books, and you could only buy one for that price separately).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote