Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #61
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
seems like you're on your way to controlling the whole device? With a custom kernel and filesystem in an image, why you could do ANYTHING!? Sounds cool! Yes, please, document everything!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Trying to make it native To Be Honest. Already have it in the image...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #63
UnknownUser
UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm sure you could compile a native X server, and move a lot of functionality out of the image and onto the native environment. I just really didn't feel like cross-compiling everything xD Its a lot easier and faster to run apt-get.
Quote:
With a custom kernel and filesystem in an image, why you could do ANYTHING!?
I don't think its possible to load a new kernel from inside the image, but maybe I'm just not enough of a hack
UnknownUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #64
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Already done.

Built X. not cross compiled - native.

simply copied qemu-arm-static to your images /usr/bin, then mounted it on my linux box.

just trying to replace the xterm defaultclient=/mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/bin/xterm
with something I actually have... so building roxterm and lxterm to give me options.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #65
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@UnknownUser, you can use kexec, but I'm not sure whether KT supports it from stock kernel...
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #66
twobob

looks like this thing may fly... excellent

Quote:
stop x

/mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/bin/startx

mount --bind /mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/share/awesome /usr/share/awesome

mkdir -p /tmp/root/.config/

cp -R /mnt/us/extensions/xorg/.config/* /tmp/root/.config/

[root@kindle root]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
/mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/bin/awesome \
-c /mnt/us/extensions/xorg/.config/awesome/rc.lua
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-10-31T02_10_54-0000.gif
Views:	377
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	114290  

Last edited by twobob; 10-30-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #67
twobob

@UnknownUser so do I need to put some dithering code INTO the compton.c now - or something else??

as I am not seeing "overall" dithering

I see the newtrix binary - and the update binary... just struggling to decide where that drops... and if that is what you were doing before...

Other than "awesome" everything is built from source. so. If I need to jam this code in somewhere lower down the chain that could be achieved. The awesome I am currently running is EXACTLY your one from the debian squeeze, literally ripped out and welded to run.

Last edited by twobob; 10-31-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #68
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so your own xorg, your own window manager, +++

Why not change to a different (better WM like openbox? install FBreader or something and we wouldn't need all the lua rc titlebar hacks to run anything? A simple menu program or even icons on a home screen... almost like Android?! I can see this being really helpful. How big is the xorg port? My Touch only has 3.2G on /mnt/us so I guess size might be an issue?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #69
twobob

Quote:
VLC_PLUGIN_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/vlc/usr/lib/vlc/plugins LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/xorg/usr/lib:/mnt/us/extensions/vlc/usr/lib/vlc/plugins:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH /mnt/us/extensions/vlc/usr/bin/qvlc --fullscreen --video-filter adjust --contrast .9 --brightness 1.2 --gamma 1 "$@" :audio-desyc="-200"

called with... ~/sw_h264.asf

OMG. working video and sound.

Video or it never happened right?

Tomorrow...

Last edited by twobob; 11-01-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #70
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
so your own xorg, your own window manager, +++

Why not change to a different (better WM like openbox? install FBreader or something and we wouldn't need all the lua rc titlebar hacks to run anything? A simple menu program or even icons on a home screen... almost like Android?! I can see this being really helpful. How big is the xorg port? My Touch only has 3.2G on /mnt/us so I guess size might be an issue?
You know.. actually the X weighs in pretty light at around 50mb - and can probably be trimmed and stripped to less.

It's VLC that is the beast.

in total, with all the junk I have jammed on there (and it a LOT of just junk) I'm rocking about 250MB with awesome, X, and VLC and all the supporting mini binaries...

I reckon that can be trimmed to about 100ish mb for all that lot.

IM WATCHING VIDEO! YAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 11-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #71
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I bet mplayer would work also? or ffmpeg has a player I think.. Show and tell, please!!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #72
twobob

good idea. Blackbox WM works fine too
Old 11-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #73
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I used to run fluxbox but openbox is WAY better and also easy to configure. checkout tint2 as a little menu bar.. a few icons to launch some stuff... oh, yeah!

please post a package so I can try it out! hurry, hurry!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #74
twobob

audios quiet. focus sucks. and the cameraman.. well - shoot him.

but POC video posted.
I'll do a better one at some point

Last edited by twobob; 11-01-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #75
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Twobob, this is wonderful!!!!!!
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools