Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
larsanders
larsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with otherslarsanders plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Launchpad-script: TTS speed rate changer

The ordinary TTS speed rates are 80, 100, and 150. In my quest to become a speed hearer, I've had to create a launchpad-script with which you can change the rate beyond these.

Sequence Shift S X decrements the speed rate with 25.
Sequence Shift S C increments the speed rate with 25.
Sequence Shift S V updates the speed rate to a predetermined one, with the default value 220.

Place the script in the Launchpad folder and press the sequence Shift Shift Space to refresh Launchpad. It works for me with firmware 3.2.1 on Kindle 3.

Note that TTS must be enabled when using the script and that the speed rate will be returned to the menu setting when restarted.

PHP Code:
[Actions]
S X = !INCREMENT=-25OLDSPEED=`lipc-get-prop com.lab126.tts TtsISpeed`; NEWSPEED=$(($OLDSPEED+$INCREMENT)); `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.tts TtsISpeed $NEWSPEED`
S C = !INCREMENT=25OLDSPEED=`lipc-get-prop com.lab126.tts TtsISpeed`; NEWSPEED=$(($OLDSPEED+$INCREMENT)); `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.tts TtsISpeed $NEWSPEED`
S V = !NEWSPEED=220; `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.tts TtsISpeed $NEWSPEED
Feel free to use it however you wish and please criticize.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ttsrate.zip (559 Bytes, 264 views)

Last edited by larsanders; 10-25-2011 at 04:03 PM.
larsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
kt23
kt23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
nice job
thanks
kt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I found this to be excellent!

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Speed up TTS on KT

Hi larsanders,

This is the hack that I use the most on my K3G. I think the TTS feature is the most used on my K3G and being able to have the book read quickly is really great.

I just got KT, and I wonder if anyone has idea on how to do this on KT?

The Launcher menu item is grayed out when TTS is on. Even when I turn the TTS off, the Launcher is still grayed out.

Thanks,
James

Last edited by jmseight; 07-27-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
jmseight
Zealot

Hi,

I typed the lipc-set-prop commend in an ssh during TTS, and it does work as expected. If there is a way to make Launcher active during TTS.

Is there a place where I can modify the action of the TTS Option->Rate buttons permanently. I noticed the following:
Slower is 80, Default is 100, and Faster is 150.

So I can map Faster to 220, Default to 150, and Slower to 100 instead.

Thanks,
James
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Sounds Great! i always think they are either too fast or too slow, so thank you very much for this.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
jmseight
Zealot

Hi All,

I got it to work by changing the

/usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/search_bar.js

using the same method as "[Kindle Touch] Turn store button on search bar to browser button" by aditya3098

Basically, I changed the system callback line for the store in the script to
nativeBridge.setIntLipcProperty('com.lab126.tts', 'TtsISpeed', TTS_SPEED);

and setting at the beginning of the file
const TTS_SPEED = 220;

Now the Store button changes TTS Speed to 220.

Thanks,
James