Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
fgruber
Edge User

associating extension to library globally

Hi

I would like to associate the esj extension (journal files) with the library globally so that I can open journals from any program.

The current version of thinking space accepts linking nodes to files and I would like to link journals. The problem is that it seems that journal are not associated to anything and therefore they can't be opened.

Anyone knows if there is a way to associate specific extensions to specific programs?

Thanks
Fred

Last edited by fgruber; 10-05-2010 at 06:37 AM.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
jsfiller
Edge User

I would like this feature too, and perhaps maybe this would be good in the "features" form?

Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

I don't consider this a feature. I just wondering if someone knows how to do this. I know Astro have the option of associating extensions to programs. But they seem to apply only while you are in Astro. There must be a way of doing this globally

Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
Hi

The current version of thinking space accepts linking nodes to files and I would like to link journals. The problem is that it seems that journal are not associated to anything and therefore they can't be opened.
Experimental version 2.1RC1: "This new version allows Thinking Space Pro users to associate nodes with files on their Android device, which makes fun things like linking in images, audio recordings, or other files such as PDF possible."

I don't have that version, so I cannot try it, but you can save your journal as a PDF. Have you tried to use that?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
fgruber
Edge User

Haven't try that but I will use it that way if there is no other choice. I would prefer to link to the journal directly in case I want to modify them. But I guess I can generate the pdf and then add a link to the journal on the pdf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Experimental version 2.1RC1: "This new version allows Thinking Space Pro users to associate nodes with files on their Android device, which makes fun things like linking in images, audio recordings, or other files such as PDF possible."

I don't have that version, so I cannot try it, but you can save your journal as a PDF. Have you tried to use that?

Advert