Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Greck
Greck began at the beginning.

Device: none
Contribute

Hi there.

Im interesting on getting involved contributing calibre. I know C programming.

Is there a guide how to start or something?

Im new contributing on free software projects.
Greck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Greck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thx mate.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Greck

I did:

bzr branch lp:calibre

It took a while till it downloaded. Where is the code? Which one enviroment programming do you use on windows and/or linux?

I just want to work offline till i understand the code.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I use Eclipse with the Python addons.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A heavily customized vim is what I use for all calibre work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #7
Greck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
A heavily customized vim is what I use for all calibre work.

I know a little Vim. I think i will try to configure and see if i can do something. I guess u use in linux, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I use Eclipse with the Python addons.

I will try eclipse thanks.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, gentoo.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote