Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
Andre33
Andre33 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
How to modify an epub with the Calibre database informations ?

When I modify the metadatas of an epub in Calibre, my modifications are only stored in the Calibre database but the epub file itself is not modified.

I would like to do that to have "clean" epubs if I have to restore my epubs in a new installation of Calibre later.

So, is it it possible to modify all my epubs with the Calibre database metadatas and if yes, how ?

I found a work around by "converting" my epubs to epubs. That creates a new "clean" file and rename the original epub with the extension .original_epub . The problem is that double the size of my Calibre directory.

Is there a better way to do that (I mean without keeping the original file) ?

Thank you !
Andre33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre33 View Post
When I modify the metadatas of an epub in Calibre, my modifications are only stored in the Calibre database but the epub file itself is not modified.

I would like to do that to have "clean" epubs if I have to restore my epubs in a new installation of Calibre later.

So, is it it possible to modify all my epubs with the Calibre database metadatas and if yes, how ?

I found a work around by "converting" my epubs to epubs. That creates a new "clean" file and rename the original epub with the extension .original_epub . The problem is that double the size of my Calibre directory.

Is there a better way to do that (I mean without keeping the original file) ?

Thank you !
Use the modify epub plugin to update metadata
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Andre33
Andre33 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Thank you !

I just found all the informations about plugins here : http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=118680
Andre33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre33 View Post
Thank you !

I just found all the informations about plugins here : http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=118680
The link you want is actually The one below which is to the thread about the Modify ePub plugin.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154371
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote