Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #61
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Ahh... well, there was one tiny missing command so that is why it was not updating correctly. My mistake.

Here is the new link: SH Port for IQ - new link

Last edited by Icewyng; 11-21-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #62
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I got a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, and it didn't update.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #63
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Sorry, still not working...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #64
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

I guess the fact I am already running the ROM might affect the result when I install it. Everything is working fine from my end.

I'll get another build of the ROM shortly.

Edit: Ok...one more time: SH20 - take 3

Last edited by Icewyng; 11-21-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #65
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am currently flashing my IQ, and it seems to be working now. I want to do it while I'm still at work so that I can see if WiFi works. :fingers crossed:

Oh wow, what a lovely boot screen! OK so what next? Set date and time, check WiFi... still unsuccessful! OK, if you can figure out what's disabling my WiFi, it would be great because I love this ROM. It's so shiny! ff to explore:

Oh, and why are my hardware buttons disabled? I've gotten quite used to them. Can I not have both?

Last edited by citac; 11-21-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added information
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #66
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
wakeup

does the SH20-Rom also wake up aprox. every 10 Min. from sleep mode?
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #67
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnutzer View Post
does the SH20-Rom also wake up aprox. every 10 Min. from sleep mode?
I have no idea; I literally installed it 5 minutes ago. I will use it this evening and see how it behaves. I am just about to leave home from work.

--
OK, I'm home now and spent some time playing with the ROM. I really like it. I do have to say that I do miss the hardware keys. I keep pressing them, forgetting that nothing will happen.

I have now let it hibernate and will keep an eye on it to see if there's any waking up.

--
ETA over half an hour later and no waking up.

Last edited by citac; 11-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #68
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
sounds good. waking up in sleep mode is the only bug in the pocketbook rom which should being fixed since a year... (i mean the wake up with the light "click" an light emission you see best in dark.)
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #69
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnutzer View Post
sounds good. waking up in sleep mode is the only bug in the pocketbook rom which should being fixed since a year... (i mean the wake up with the light "click" an light emission you see best in dark.)
It's been good so far. I still haven't experienced random waking up from sleep mode, and it's been sitting unused for a few hours. I will be keeping an eye on its behavior, but I don't expect it to change.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #70
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, apparently the SH20 ROM doesn't load if you start from 2.0.6 (tried three times), after flashing 2.1.1 first no problem.

Looks very nice, responsiveness is good and appears to be very fast.
Not absolutely sur but I have the feeling touchscreen is more responsive than before. Did you use a different driver?

WLAN doesn't work, seems there is no MAC address generated. Tried a factory reset but it didn't work too, the device entered "flash-mode" and rebooted.

I tried changing screen density to 140 but that was no good idea Half of the apps didn't work or show up very strange.

Hardbuttons don't work any longer, although softbuttons on top are very nice but sometimes I have problems to access the notification bar.

Many apps don't work, I don't know why, cause no market access and TB restore leads to repeated crashes.

Not perfect, but a very good start for a port from different device and it gives me hope for your further development

Old 11-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #71
Icewyng
Addict

Thank you for your reports. I am glad to see this ROM could be a good base to move forward.

For Wi-Fi, it is only a matter of getting the right permissions. I was able to make it work after setting a few files and it was stable. I will get them right and send a new one out as soon as I do.

I had tried density at 140 as well but Market won't work at that setting so it is better to leave it at 160 for now.

For the hardware buttons, I was able to make them work before. Another one that needs the right permissions. Permissions is everything in Android it seems.

For the touchscreen, I have used the PDN drivers and yes it does seem more responsive. I will investigate this as well.

Overall, I like the SH20 better so far. I plan to try the Cruz Reader ROM as well to see how it goes.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #72
citac
Fanatic

I also have no WiFi access, but MAC address is generated on my device. There is no device ID though. I have OfficeSuite Pro which requires a Device ID so that a key can be generated for my device; right now I'm back to 30-day trial. I want to be able to use its editing features, so Device ID would be the most important thing for me now, along with fixing WiFi.

Forgot to add, I also encountered a couple of apps that didn't work; I reinstalled them and that fixed the problem.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #73
troll05
Harmless idiot

Maybe you can add a device ID (fingerprint) from Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I've got this on my Dropad C8 and it gives me access to nearly every app in the market, but not absolutely sure if it will work on this tab because it's only Eclair not GB (maybe for future releases)

ro.product.model=GT-P1000
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.name=GT-P1000
ro.product.device=GT-P1000
ro.product.board=GT-P1000
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

ro.build.description=GT-P1000-user 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD DXJPI release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P1000/GT-P1000:2.3.3/GINGERBREAD/DXJPI:user/release-keys

For the time beeing I roll back to PB original and wait for the new version (and do a factory reset before flashing again)

PS: Also no clicking noise during sleep mode.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #74
citac
Fanatic

I have no idea how to do that. Can you explain it to me, please?

I think I will hold on to this for a while longer.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #75
troll05
Harmless idiot

You overwrite the fingerprint in mnt/system/build.prop, but this is not always a good idea and in this case I rather leave it to someone who knows how to unbrick an IQ.
I've done it with my Dropad twice and once I ended up completely dead