Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #46
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
browser of 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Hi atango, then there must be also link - the atached really does not look like link to me!
Is it possible you had a "links" version installed already (I did)? This browser is invoked from the applications as "Web Browser". If there is any particular page you'd liek me to test, I can have a go.

EDIT: the quality of the image is much better than in the screenshot
Hi Paola, it is definitely different from my 902 webbrowser.
I checked its internal link in the device after the upgrade to 2.1.2 and there is no other webbrowser application.

The new browser is virtually useless, since it doesn't support Korean font and even worse, it doesn't have any menu or hot key to open a new url.

It would be nice if someone can extract and upload the browser application of new 903 FW.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0003.bmp (487.6 KB, 203 views)
File Type: bmp scr0004.bmp (487.6 KB, 183 views)
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #47
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
presume in order to check a webpage I would have to install e.g. Korean fonts?
The only thing I think I understood is that the new browser is called "browser.app" and is in ebrmain\bin, but I cannot see that directory. One other thing you could try is to flash the CIS version of the firmware, I think it is strange that they only have links on 902 but this other browser in 903.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #48
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
I tried

Quote:
presume in order to check a webpage I would have to install e.g. Korean fonts?
The only thing I think I understood is that the new browser is called "browser.app" and is in ebrmain\bin, but I cannot see that directory. One other thing you could try is to flash the CIS version of the firmware, I think it is strange that they only have links on 902 but this other browser in 903.
Thank you for your advice. I tried both CIS and LIBRI version. I don't find any difference between two versions at all.
/ebrmain/bin/browser.app is link to bookland.app which is modified link browser (without menubar).

I don't know, maybe I have to wait until they release the official version.

BTW, does anyone find pdf viewers (both of them) behaves funny after update? Sometimes, when I use dictionary, it freezes and stay in the status whenever I open the file. I have turn it off and on again to reset the pdf file. It's quite annoying.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #49
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
I am going by memory form something I read on the Ukranina forum (which is impossible for me to search), but as far as I recollect you have to update at least to 2.0.6 first.
So 2.0.6 first and then 2.1.2?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #50
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
So 2.0.6 first and then 2.1.2?
Hi Sil_liS, I re-read the thread in the Ukranian forum but could not find the message - yes, I think 2.0.6 and then 2.1.2 should work, but I cannot guarantee it, as I have always updated from one to the next. Be sure to delete the folder "explorer" as apparently taht contains the database of the previous version, incompatible with the lastest version. Good luck!
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #51
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Is there a thread that explains the things that must be done for each of the updates? If it is safer, I wouldn't mind doing it step-by-step.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #52
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
After flashing the device to version 2.1.2 you must connect the device to your PC and in folder system delete the file explorer.
I updated from 2.0.6 and when I connected the 903 to my PC there was no "explorer" directory?? (Only explorer2).

It seems to work ok.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #53
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I updated from 2.0.6 and when I connected the 903 to my PC there was no "explorer" directory?? (Only explorer2).

It seems to work ok.
Same with me.
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #54
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post

It seems to work ok.
I wonder whether the "explorer" directory is something created with 2.1.0 or 2.1.1, so that you would not have it if updating from 2.0.6. When I re-flashed the CIS version (as there is a bug with the dictionary keyboard - is the one for the X02 models, so it has a different layout and does not respond to the stylus - but changing to CIS does not solve the problem, so don't bother), I also had not "explorer" directory anymore, but i did have it ebfore the update (I was on 2.1.1).
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #55
MaartenJacobs
MaartenJacobs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
Where to put your Network certificate?

A couple of days ago I recieved my pocketbook pro 903. With the old firmware I could go on the internet on my the campus of my university, because it came pre-installed with the required certificate. But now that I upgrated to the latest beta firmware the certificate is no longer installed on it and therefor I cannot go on the internet on campus. Does someone know how to install a network certificate on a pocketbook pro 903???

Thanks in advance,
Maarten Jacobs
MaartenJacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #56
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
[message deleted]

Last edited by qariwa55; 10-10-2011 at 06:23 PM.
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #57
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I install the version that is dated on 9/30/11 and the results were real bad.

I rollback to 2.1.1 and redo the install with version dated on 9/16/11. This one is a lot better and stable. I did have both file, explorer and explorer-2 and I do not encounter any problems, but I delete explorer as per instructions.

pdfviewer can not scroll pdf on landscape mode. Also, when open a file with pdfviewer and turn to landscape mode, the automatic configuration is disabled and you have to manually rotate, or exit the pdf file, go to configuration and changed again to Automatic. Adobeviewer is working as expected.

note taking is the same on 902, I really wish they put highlights that the Cool Reader 3, but thats why I have Cool reader 3

THe file explorer look fancy, but is good.

THe notes that i had before upgrade were gone after upgrade., I did a restore with no success.
Well thats my feedback on 2.1.2. I'll keep playing with the 902
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #58
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
@skydive: Does AdobeViewer still have those long pauses between sections and chapters when reading epubs?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #59
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
@rkomar:

It takes 3 seconds to change pages, including those with images. You can not change fonts, it will retain original epub/book formatting. this is good: Zoom do not change the pages numbers like fbreader and CR3, so you can do bookmarks and pages will not changes if you zoom in or out.. When landscape mode, it will show the page in steps on the screen without going to next page until you go to the bottom of page to the next page. Thats a cool feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
@skydive: Does AdobeViewer still have those long pauses between sections and chapters when reading epubs?
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #60
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
I install the version that is dated on 9/30/11 and the results were real bad.

I rollback to 2.1.1 and redo the install with version dated on 9/16/11. This one is a lot better and stable. I did have both file, explorer and explorer-2 and I do not encounter any problems, but I delete explorer as per instructions.

pdfviewer can not scroll pdf on landscape mode. Also, when open a file with pdfviewer and turn to landscape mode, the automatic configuration is disabled and you have to manually rotate, or exit the pdf file, go to configuration and changed again to Automatic. Adobeviewer is working as expected.

note taking is the same on 902, I really wish they put highlights that the Cool Reader 3, but thats why I have Cool reader 3

THe file explorer look fancy, but is good.

THe notes that i had before upgrade were gone after upgrade., I did a restore with no success.
Well thats my feedback on 2.1.2. I'll keep playing with the 902
The PDFviewer problem has been there for more than 6 months with 602. I have given up any hope for it to be fixed. Pocketbook is a company that has its own agenda and hardly listens to the product users.

One device from Pocketbook is enough. Will never recommend it to anyone again. Never.

Last edited by jshzh; 10-11-2011 at 11:16 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote