Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Check Store Newspapers regularly.....

One paper I had been hoping like anything to get onto my reader was the New York Post. I purchase it daily at the local convenience store to read during lunch. At least once or twice a week they sell out

I checked daily in the Reader store thinking I wouldn't see it in there for a LONG time....but checked anyway. This morning to my extremely pleasant surprise, front page of the store revealed my favorite paper Needless to say I immediately subscribed, this is a beautiful thing!

So if you are looking for your local paper and don't see it one day, keep checking.

Thank you Sony.....you made my day
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Theseus
Theseus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
How about e-Mags?

When the heck is Sony going to get some e-MAGAZINES on that list of theirs?? I too check for new periodicals at the Reader Store every few days, but I'm mainly looking to see if they've added The New Yorker -- or similar.

Any scuttlebut out there on what Sony's timetable might be? I heard that back in Dec 09 they entered into some kind of agreement with Conde Nast Pubs (who put out the New Yorker), so I thought an e-New Yorker might be imminent. But so far, nothing.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Wow, that is news! The Post's not even available for the Kindle. I can relate to your fondness for it. It was my favorite daily when I lived in NYC. Enjoy!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
When the heck is Sony going to get some e-MAGAZINES on that list of theirs?? I too check for new periodicals at the Reader Store every few days, but I'm mainly looking to see if they've added The New Yorker -- or similar.
You're not alone. I'm longing for The Economist.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
That is good news, the NY Post is an excellent paper.... and it's good that more are becoming available, including ones that are not just the same old status quo.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Great thing about it overall was it added the full value to me on having the wireless feature on my Reader. I saw it as being slightly handy if I wanted to buy a suggested book right then and there, but it wasn't the big selling feature.....until now that is

Post is an excellent paper.....I love the Sports section the most, they dedicate more articles to my teams then most.....plus they get great opinion writers.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

And as anticipated, first thing this morning, my NY Post was sitting in my Reader, all ready to be read I love this thing.