Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #91
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Last time I checked they had all 3 models. They may be out of the 650 by now.

I forget who mentioned Amazon not having the Sony Reader -- Amazon won't carry it because they manufacturer the Kindle. The Reader is only available from Marketplace sellers, not from Amazon direct.

I don't think the x50 series is going to be discontinued before September. C'mon, it's Sony. They've released a new reader model every October since the dawn of time.
Amazon.com doesn't carry the Sony Reader? You sure could have fooled me!
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #92
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650BC)
I just checked Amazon and it seems the PRS 650 is retailing there for $499! What's going on?
Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #93
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Amazon.com doesn't carry the Sony Reader? You sure could have fooled me!
I think her point was that Amazon as a seller doesn't carry the Sony readers. It has other merchants that sell with Amazon as a storefront that carry the readers, though, and those are what come up when you do that search.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #94
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
I think her point was that Amazon as a seller doesn't carry the Sony readers. It has other merchants that sell with Amazon as a storefront that carry the readers, though, and those are what come up when you do that search.
That may be true, but what is the difference? A buyer would still be buying it from or through Amazon, right?
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #95
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
That may be true, but what is the difference? A buyer would still be buying it from or through Amazon, right?
Well, the merchants can sell on Amazon whatever they wish. Yes, you are buying "through Amazon", but the items get shipped from the merchants, via whatever shipping method the merchant prefers. And if there is anything wrong with the purchase, you are going to have to deal directly with the merchant, and not with Amazon CS. You will need to ship it back to the merchant, wait for a refund from the merchant, etc. Essentially, this is similar to buying things on eBay (usually the same people sell on Amazon and eBay, and the merchandise is the same).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #96
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
I just checked Amazon and it seems the PRS 650 is retailing there for $499! What's going on?
I'm going to have think about renting a Safe Deposit Box at my bank!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #97
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Essentially, this is similar to buying things on eBay (usually the same people sell on Amazon and eBay, and the merchandise is the same).
But in case of problems it's much better to deal with amazon. If you have problems with merchants (I had on both amazon marketplace / ebay) on amazon customer is always right, on ebay it's never ending routine with "oh, you were scammed but we can't help" in the end.

And, by the way, beware of "paypal protection". When buying from usual shops it essentially only ensures that merchant has shipped something (I'm not even sure about this part). If you've ordered a new camera and got used half broken one, it's your problem. I guess even if you get an empty TV box instead of working TV it's still not covered by "PP protection" since "they can't make decisions about quality of delivered items" end of quote.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 AM   #98
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I'm going to have think about renting a Safe Deposit Box at my bank!

Just shows how wise the dicision to buy a Sony was and what a great investment it is!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #99
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
It is called supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low, so if you have any, you offer them for sale at a higher price.

When demand goes down and supply goes up, they go on sale for lower price.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote