Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #76
Gianni
Gianni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch jb
thanks bob for the guidance, I posted the solution above

In the xmodmap input the lowercase and uppercase letters have to be inverted, don't know why.... I think that is a problem of kterm, maybe the author will understand what to do
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #77
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. baf will no doubt spot the "oops". the source code is public you know..
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #78
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would like to see a build of this for the 3's and 4's.

would be nice to provide a unified terminal for all devices.

Not insanely tricky to test for the various devices and switch in the relevant input options, it's gtk so will only require two bins FB and X versions. The FB version will have to jump a few hoops to ensure sensible input on 4's I suppose.

But yes this is the best candidate for the job by a long way.

Thoughts on that anyone?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #79
pumpkinpbk
pumpkinpbk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
how to use the " useful terminal programs" in your website like elinks or wget???
i opened them in kterm but they seems can not resolve the url.
what should i do??
pumpkinpbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #80
twobob

you got wifi turned on right?

because I just tested it. seems okay.?

(other than my permissions fail lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_082.png
Views:	349
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	100768  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #81
pumpkinpbk
pumpkinpbk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
in fact elinks is good cus it turns out that i forgot to type the http://

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you got wifi turned on right?

because I just tested it. seems okay.?

(other than my permissions fail lol)
pumpkinpbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #82
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Hi,
My port of XTerm stopped working with 5.3 firmware. Instead of trying to revive it I took another way. I wrote a very simple GTK+ terminal emulator based on VteTerminal library.
It is available for testing here.
I run it successfully on KT 5.3.2 firmware. I hope it will also work on PW. It is reported to run fine on Paperwhite. I believe it should also be compatible with 5.1 firmware.
Any feedback welcome
On the Kpw, with the higher resolution screen, the matchbox-keyboard needs to ship with a magnifying glass to read the letters.

I will see (no pun intended) if I can come up with a *.xml file that defines the keyboard with something that can be seen by the un-aided eyeball.

No time table available - when I get to it, I'll get to it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #83
twobob

Okay.

I Was looking at kterm earlier. lots of scope for refactoring the loader.

I personally would love to see a version for all devices. This would answer lot's of problems. a copy of libvte.a compiled for the kindles wouldn't hurt none either.

And a few more details on getting that built.

can probably build bafs one. working on that as I speak...

but making one that works for all devices is the real challenge.

Will look to roll in your changes. (assuming I get it done) IIRC the config can be runtimed for the keyboard sub-applet.

~/GIT/kterm $ make

OOTB...
Spoiler:
Quote:
gcc kterm.c parse_config.c lib/libvte.a -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0` -ltermcap -o bin/kterm
gcc: error: lib/libvte.a: No such file or directory

EDIT: Okay so
mkdir lib
mkdir bin
mkdir -p include/vte

and splatter the ./src dir libvte into the include/vte dir
kinda like
~/GIT/kterm $ cp -r ./libvte-pc/vte-0.24.3/src/*.* ./include/vte

and add it to make -I./include
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/vte/0.24/
and
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sourc...-0.24.3.tar.gz seems to work okay to build locally, non-cross.

Will attempt to get a similar result with the CS 2007q3 TC and then rip out the matchbox keyboard calls. see where that gets me.

Last edited by twobob; 02-06-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #84
Fvek
Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Touch
kterm is basically a container for vte (a terminal widget). I couldn't get vte to cross compile for some reason, so I couldn't properly test on the kindle the mouse support I added (works ok on desktop, but who knows). Waiting for baf to get back and do that, but if you (twobob) can get it cc'd, please make sure I didn't screw anything up with that before going forward using the latest commit. The menu should open by clicking the upper right corner, and the button for it should be hidden under the terminal.
Fvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #85
twobob

Yep. I went for an older one. 24 series. I VAGUELY recall some mention of it. somewhere.

so I am going to try that.

Yes, it is just a shell, that I hope to build against the FB counterparts for the lower device support. ripping out the uneeded OSK for those devices and servicing the relevant events. GTK has done well for me so far in that regard.

Baf could probably make these changes in minutes. but I am me
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #86
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
kterm 0.5

Hi!
New version of kterm is available on my server.
It mainly fixes mouse reporting for terminal apps which support it, e.g. ncurses menus, dialogs etc.
As a consequence of this fix pop-up menu is no longer opened by touching upper part of the screen. Now it opens when terminal area is touched simultaneously with two fingers.
Thanks to Fvek for help!
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On the Kpw, with the higher resolution screen, the matchbox-keyboard needs to ship with a magnifying glass to read the letters.
I didn't think about it. Keyboard uses images so it is resolution dependent. I didn't manage to compile matchbox-keyboard with text buttons. Maybe some day I could get rid of external keyboard dependency and improvise real built-in one.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #88
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
I would like to see a build of this for the 3's and 4's.
I don't know anything about these devices. Tell me if you need any assistance.
You might also consider developing JoppyTerm. I am not sure what its current status is, but it has much less dependencies.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #89
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Okay. so easy test:

Type 1234567890 and qwertyuiop[]#';lkjhgfdsa`zxcvbnm,./

With and Without SHIFT down...

Pictured....
I did similar test: x11vnc on kindle, Chicken VNC client. Everything works ok. I don't think it is a kterm issue. Something goes wrong on the way. Anyway you have already found a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vnc.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	101039  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #90
Gianni
Gianni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch jb
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I did similar test: x11vnc on kindle, Chicken VNC client. Everything works ok. I don't think it is a kterm issue. Something goes wrong on the way. Anyway you have already found a solution.
thanks baf for all your work
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator