Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
fbterm terminal

I saw in a couple of other threads a reference to an upcoming kindle port of fbterm. Just wanted to ask about the current status of this port, and see if there was a Web page for it currently?
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You did? I haven't heard of this except for some very old threads.

Basically the native terminal from lrizzo does such thing already. And then there's also the Terminal (SSH or the modified version by me) Kindlet.

Last edited by hawhill; 06-16-2011 at 08:53 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Well, perhaps the project turned out to be infeasible, and got abandoned. I have the terminal that you mentioned, and it works well for most things, but has an issue with scrolling with one app that I am trying to run under it, so I thought I would check into alternatives. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Xqtftqx
Enthusiast
Xqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdgarris View Post
Well, perhaps the project turned out to be infeasible, and got abandoned. I have the terminal that you mentioned, and it works well for most things, but has an issue with scrolling with one app that I am trying to run under it, so I thought I would check into alternatives. Thanks!
That app wouldnt be irssi would it?
Xqtftqx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
kdgarris
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqtftqx View Post
That app wouldnt be irssi would it?
Nope! It is NetHack with an alternate text interface. Too obscure for anyone else to have heard of, so I didn't mention which app it was.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Well, perhaps the project turned out to be infeasible, and got abandoned.
That's not true. Slowly, but we are still making some progress.
So, please stay tuned.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
kdgarris
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
That's not true. Slowly, but we are still making some progress.
So, please stay tuned.
Okay; that is good news. It sounds quite promising from the description.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Treah
Member Retired
Treah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
You did? I haven't heard of this except for some very old threads.

Basically the native terminal from lrizzo does such thing already. And then there's also the Terminal (SSH or the modified version by me) Kindlet.
Just so you are aware the link you provide there does not work.
Treah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Nope! It is NetHack with an alternate text interface. Too obscure for anyone else to have heard of, so I didn't mention which app it was.
Which is too obscure? Nethack?!? Heh I must admit Ive never heard of the curses interface. And I must admit Ive never ascended
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #10
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treah View Post
Just so you are aware the link you provide there does not work.
Thanks, fixed.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote