Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
ctag
Teach your mods to read.
ctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW2
Cool kols - a koreader companion

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a PW2, and really have enjoyed the benefits of reading my PDF documents with KOreader's KUAL extension. Although the reader is great, I feel that the file manager was a little difficult to navigate, as I have to first look up the name of a document's author before knowing which directory to find the PDF in (maybe this is a product of using Calibre, that books are in subfolders? I don't know).

As a small hack to present the files in a cleaner manner and still have them open with KOreader, I've written a KUAL extension which will list PDFs and launch them with KOreader. This is my first foray into public github projects and KUAL extensions, so please be patient with me as I either polish this to my own and other's needs or discover similar functionality already in KOreader (totally possible, I haven't scoured the project yet).

The extension is named kols, as in a koreader ls command. Pronounced "coalesce". It may be found on my github account, which is under the same "ctag" username. Even with the uploaded archive, github will likely be ahead in a few hours

Only tested with PW2.

[Warning, the archive is a collection of files in no folder, you should create a directory to extract them into, sorry!]

Cheers,
-ctag
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 kols_alpha.tar.bz2 (7.4 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by ctag; 09-29-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: archive note
ctag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Thanks for the effort.

KUAL extensions are a good starting place for learning about Kindle development.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
ctag
Teach your mods to read.
ctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enoughctag will become famous soon enough

Thanks knc1, I'm pretty excited about seeing what I can get this Kindle to do

I recall stumbling across a KUAL extension page on the wiki that laid out menu.json specs, I'm going to look for that again later in the week (two exams imminent) and try formatting things better.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ctag: Were you thinking of this?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
ctag
Teach your mods to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ctag: Were you thinking of this?
Yes, thank you NiLuJe!
Advert

Tags
extension, kual, paperwhite 2