Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: How many books do you read at one time?
Only One 69 38.76%
Two or three 74 41.57%
Four or five 21 11.80%
More than five 14 7.87%
I don't read books 0 0%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
akira28
Nameless Being

How many books do you read at one time?

I tend to read several books at one time. I was wondering if others do the same and to what extant?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I do.

It varies as to what I have and my mood.
Also, the complexity of the material.. sometimes I will start up
then take a break.. start up again - while reading other books
as well.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I usually have between 5 and 10 books in progress at any given time. I also listen to a lot of podcasts and recorded magazines from NLS. I like being able to choose what I feel like reading at a given moment depending on how much time I have, what my mood is, and how much energy I have.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I usually do read two to three books at any one time. Normally, I do read one more complex book and two lighter ones, swapping whenever the mood hits me.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Right now, I have two in progress...but plan to continue "Refuge" till the end....awesome book.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
gordonrobb
gordonrobb doesn't littergordonrobb doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
I'm feeling totally inadiquate now. I only read one at a time

Still have read 4 books since getting my Sony at Christmas, more books than I read all of last year.
gordonrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonrobb View Post

Still have read 4 books since getting my Sony at Christmas, more books than I read all of last year.

Well done!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I tend to have four or five on the go at any one time. Usually a couple of fiction and the rest non-fiction of some sort. Right now, I only have three though! But I'm about to start Refuge, so that will put it up to four
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
One at time for me; I find it too distracting to have more than one on the go.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
At least 4 or 5 at the same time since I read in different languages, both fiction and non-fiction.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
At least 4 or 5 at the same time since I read in different languages, both fiction and non-fiction.
I am in awe.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone

I've read about 15 books since Christmas. I don't know how people can stand stopping a book and starting another one. Of course it's just personal preference, but I'd hope the books people are reading are enthralling to them...
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
I've read about 15 books since Christmas. I don't know how people can stand stopping a book and starting another one. Of course it's just personal preference, but I'd hope the books people are reading are enthralling to them...
It depends on the book. Some books you do not want to stop reading and some are suitable for reading half an hour at lunch each day.

Last edited by tompe; 02-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I usually only read one at a time. Occasionally I'll read more though (but they will be completely different genres).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonrobb View Post
soon you will learn the gift of short attention deficit.

I typically read about 3-5 books. Since I read fiction, non fiction, technical. However usually give one book more than 50% of the time.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote