Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-30-2023, 05:10 PM   #1
micahpearson
micahpearson began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro
Kindle to PDF?

I am trying to convert a Kindle Ebook to a PDF file. I was told that Calibre may be able to do this. I have downloaded Calibre but don't see steps on what to do now.
micahpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 05:14 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
First, you need to get that Kindle file downloaded to your computer. Have you done that? If not, read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=1
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #3
micahpearson

I have read the link but I am not seeing what I need to do. I have the books downloaded in Kindle on Mac but don't know what the next step is.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:07 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahpearson View Post
I have read the link but I am not seeing what I need to do. I have the books downloaded in Kindle on Mac but don't know what the next step is.
Is it Kindle Classic for Mac (1.40.2) as written in the post I linked to? Not Kindle for Mac 7.0?

If it's the first, the next step is to install the deDRM plugin; the link for that is also in the post I linked to. Download the zip file under Assets, the instructions about installing the plugin in Calibre are in the ReadMe text in that zip.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:09 PM   #5
micahpearson

It just says Kindle, I don't see the word Classic anywhere. I would add a screenshot but the only way I can see to add an image requires a url.
Advert
Old 12-30-2023, 06:15 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It just says Kindle, I don't see the word Classic anywhere. I would add a screenshot but the only way I can see to add an image requires a url.
Can you see the version number in the settings?

You can add an image by going to Advanced and clicking on the paper clip icon on the toolbar.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:25 PM   #7
micahpearson

I was able to go into Amazon and download the Kindle Classic version. I believe I downloaded the DeDRM and KFX Input but all of this seems designed for someone advanced in computer skills, I am just a school teacher. A lot of this language is over my head.

I am attaching a screenshot of my recent downloads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 6.21.33 PM.png
Views:	40
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	205489  
Old 12-30-2023, 06:43 PM   #8
micahpearson

Images

Can you see these?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 6.21.33 PM.png
Views:	23
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	205491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 6.26.14 PM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	205492  
Old 12-30-2023, 06:53 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was able to go into Amazon and download the Kindle Classic version. I believe I downloaded the DeDRM and KFX Input but all of this seems designed for someone advanced in computer skills, I am just a school teacher. A lot of this language is over my head.

I am attaching a screenshot of my recent downloads.
You need deDRM 10.0.9, not 10.0.3. It's the same link, but above the 10.0.3, under Assets. I added a screenshot.

Unfortunately without having a physical eink Kindle device it's not really easy to download and convert Kindle books.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	31-12-2023 01-47-54.png
Views:	42
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	205493