Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 07:46 AM   #1
Bookprincess
Bookprincess began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Unhappy Epub don't have chapters on kindle

Hi (sorry if it's not related enough? but I couldn't find anything and thought someone here might know..also sorry I'm pretty tech clueless).

Most Epub files don't have chapters on kindle (like, shortcuts? listing? I don't know what it's called ) It lists 'cover' 'beginning' and that's it. No chapters.
So far I'd converted the file to mobi (on Calibre) whenever this occurred, but kindle doesn't accept mobi files anymore (or awz, only epubs. And they don't have chapters! )
Does anyone know how to fix that?
Thanks in advance!
Bookprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:32 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookprincess View Post
Hi (sorry if it's not related enough? but I couldn't find anything and thought someone here might know..also sorry I'm pretty tech clueless).

Most Epub files don't have chapters on kindle (like, shortcuts? listing? I don't know what it's called ) It lists 'cover' 'beginning' and that's it. No chapters.
So far I'd converted the file to mobi (on Calibre) whenever this occurred, but kindle doesn't accept mobi files anymore (or awz, only epubs. And they don't have chapters! )
Does anyone know how to fix that?
Thanks in advance!
I've not had that problem. Give us the titles of some of the ePub and where you got them from. If the ePub has proper chapters and a proper NCX ToC, when calibre converts, it will give you a proper ToC in the KF8 eBook.

As for converting to Mobi, don't. Convert to KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2023, 10:12 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You mean the system ToC is missing the chapters of epubs you Send to Kindle.

An epub certainly has chapters. The format of your epub doesn't suit Amazon's conversion (or Calibre isn't seeing chapters if you are converting to azw3 on calibre.)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote