Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-12-2023, 03:32 AM   #1
Blaineoreski
Zealot
Blaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Question Mobi > PDF Add Code to Insert Pagebreaks Before Every Subheading and Bolded Text

Hi,

Converting from Mobi and files like mobi to PDF.

I need to add page breaks before subheadings in chapters.

So, my first question is: is this programmatically possible? I think it would go somewhere in replace if it possible?

Also, page breaks before bolded text.

Here's my goal - I need the places where the author begins a separate argument in a work to start on a new page. I can use the subheadings in the book and bolded text as these markers.

I know bolded can be variable in other books, but at least in this text the author begins new arguments with bolded text. I can keep it as an option in other works.

I was thinking that there is a uniform code mobi > PDF conversion for subheadings within a chapter as well as bolded text.

If so, my idea was that in the conversion pre-formatting panels, code could be added to tell the program to add page breaks before either of these cases. If possible, PLEASE let me know!

If that's NOT possible, here's my by-hand alternative - BOLD & IN COLOR subheadings and bolded text.

That way I can go through the PDF by hand and put the breaks in myself.

So! Please, if it's possible to achieve the breaks themselves automatically? Or, if not, how to change the color of the text in those places and I'll do it by hand.

THANKS!

Ski

Last edited by Blaineoreski; 12-12-2023 at 07:07 AM.
Blaineoreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:20 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
export to docx or rtf.
Edit exactly as you want in MS Word or LO Writer. Use paragraph and page styles, inc "insert page break before" on a desired paragraph. Headings are just paragraph styles with a heading level.

Export PDF directly.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #3
Blaineoreski
Zealot
Blaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Hi Mighty Quoth!

Ah! Thanks for the reply.

I follow. Yep. Ugh! That's the "by hand" way!

I was hoping to avoid that.

Somehow I'm thinking that there must be a "style" already for the subchapters headings and bolded text inside the Mobi file that the conversion picks up in going from Mobi > PDF?

Was hoping to grab that somehow. '

In my tests there's been a noticeable of loss in the structure of the file going

Mobi > Word

Was hoping to contain the changes all to the single

Mobi > PDF

process to reduce the number of anomalies introduced:

Mobi > Word
Word Big Modifications
Word > PDF

Hoping for...

Mobi + (Calibre Transformation Panels) > Pdf

Sincerely,

Ski

Last edited by Blaineoreski; 12-13-2023 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:20 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try converting to epub2, then export the epub2 to docx.
Or edit/clean the epub2 in calibre editor and then convert that.

The epub works best on calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 06:49 PM   #5
Blaineoreski
Zealot

Hi, Quoth!! : ))))))))))))))))))

You wrote:

OR EDIT/CLEAN THE EPUB2 IN CALIBRE EDITOR AND THEN CONVERT THAT.

Any good DIY manuals and / or videos on how it works? I'm not super tech savvy so anything Dummies-level (or lower! ) to familiarize someone with the layout and basic functions of the main features / keys of the Calibre Editor would be a big help.

Sincerely,

Ski
Old 12-14-2023, 08:08 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's an Editor video on the Demo page of the calibre website, it's about 1/2" to the left of the Download page Ψ³

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-14-2023 at 08:15 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote