Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
san3
san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.

Device: PW2
Smile While it's open: Board closeups for internal usb pins

so, my paperwhite is still "wide open" from my debricking: Here are some closeups from the possible internal usb targets (PW2 board Rev11):

First the wan port location, possibly best suited?:
Spoiler:
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Close to the serialport is another interesting location called "usb-boot"
Uneducated guess: possible switch to enable booting via usb?

Spoiler:

And for comparison the Kindle touch iternal usb mod
Spoiler:

So now its trial and error and lsusb ?

PS: Strange: it does not detect my powered pendrive connected to the external usb ...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-29-2015 at 08:26 AM.
san3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by san3 View Post
PS: Strange: it does not detect my powered pendrive connected to the external usb ...
Not so strange, if you haven't loaded the USB host driver module into the kernel.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
san3
san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.san3 is faster than slow light.

Device: PW2
ahh - that might explain my difficulties.
san3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by san3 View Post
ahh - that might explain my difficulties.
The 3G card connector has a USB host port on the mini-ePCI pins. (It does not use the PCI channels, only uses the USB channel, I would expect them to be on their assigned pins for that interface connector).

The external USB connector is serviced in the Amazon firmware by either the USB mass storage driver or the USB gadget driver.

Getting the USB host driver to work on the OTG port was left as a student exercise by lab126.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote