Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
book re-opens on last page ??? prs-650

this has happened to me twice in the last few weeks - 1st time it happened i inadvertently read final page of book & ruined all suspense...

I quit reading part way through a book .... put down the reader leaving it to fall asleep...

I pick it up + wake it up a while later & touch current book to resume reading. but instead of opening where I'd left off, the book opens on its last page.

has anyone else ever experienced this - is some glitch causing the reader to continue to flip pages to end of book while I'm not looking ???
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Do you lie it face down? Or put something on top of it? If anything touches the screen, it could make pages turn.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It happened to me. Fell asleep with the reader in my hand. When I woke up I had it still in a firm grip but unfortunatly I had the thump on the screen and it had jumped to the end of the book meanwhile.

There is not glitch other than your fingers.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Do you lie it face down? Or put something on top of it? If anything touches the screen, it could make pages turn.
face up - nothing in contact with screen AFAIK
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check the house for flies then.
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Check the house for flies then.
that would be flies who are desperate to know how the story ends ???

seriously - i just want to know if this is a known glitch or something caused by dust,flies etc on screen
Old 05-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I've never had a fly turn a page on me. My 2 prs 350 apparently don't have that sensitive a screen. It sounds like a glitch to me. Especially since it has gone to the last page both times.

Now you have to decide if you want to tangle with Sony Support about it.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've had a fly walk across the screen enough to turn the page. The infrared is around the entire screen, so any obstruction at all is sensitive enough to do it.

Are you just leaving your reader turned on when done rather than shutting it off? I never do that with my reader, mostly to conserve the battery. Just a quick flip of the top switch to the right puts it to sleep. It's not a total off so when you turn it back on, it's very quick to reload your book and page.

If anything at all will rest on the screen, no matter how small or lightweight, it will flip the pages to the end.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard

both time I've lazily not flipped the sleep switch, have left the reader to do it, while I'm busy falling asleep!...& both times there have been 200-300 "ghost" page turns.

but only 2 occurrences in weeks of daily use.. so i won't trouble Sony unless I can see the ghost in action. I don't think it's insects of any kind.

could be that i swipe the surface as I reach out to place the device on bedside shelf, but that inadvertent swipe would then have to go into a continuous page flipping loop...
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
It could be a glitch, but there have been quite a few people in this forum who have had problems with flies.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
The only time I have had such an experience is when I have fallen asleep with my thumb on the edge of the screen. Depending on which edge, the book either flipped to the beginning or the end. I have never had it occur any other time on my 950. This has gotten me into the habit of adding a bookmark when I feeling myself drifting toward sleep while reading.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Ditto what rhadin said. This has happened to me but only when I've fallen asleep holding the reader. While falling asleep my thumb comes to rest on the screen--putting the reader into rapid page turn mode. When I wake up I'm at the end of the book. It's never happened after I set the reader down--but I do try and turn it off with the switch.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

I was sitting in the underground today reading when the miracle happened: Pages turning so fast I could hardly believe it and all by themselves!

Really!

A little, no a minuscule down feather was on-screen

It was amazing!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I didn't realize that fruit bats had feathers!
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #15
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I didn't realize that fruit bats had feathers!
What do you think I am wearing? Fake fur???? MEN, really