Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Series display change

Hi,
I am guessing I am just now noticing this but once upon a time series showed as just series on the main view not I am seeing series[#]. I use the series for shelves on my KoboHD (yes I have cross posted) - this has taken a 32 book series from 1 shelf to 33 a rather large frustration. I can honestly not determine. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks

Laura
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crochetgeek2010 View Post
Hi,
I am guessing I am just now noticing this but once upon a time series showed as just series on the main view not I am seeing series[#]. I use the series for shelves on my KoboHD (yes I have cross posted) - this has taken a 32 book series from 1 shelf to 33 a rather large frustration. I can honestly not determine. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks

Laura
The series column has always displayed as SeriesName[SeriesNumber] on the Calibre main screen.

Are you using a metadata plugin? If not have you checked the configuration of the device plugin?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Laura,

When you posted this in the Kobo forum, I misinterpreted what you were saying. It sounds like something has changed the metadata in the calibre database. What is displayed for the series and index when you open the edit the metadata dialog for these books? Is the series and index correct? If they are wrong, does fixing them and saving the changes work?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Figured it out

Turns out I had some how set series info on a custom shelf. I have removed them and I have the unwanted shelves out. Thanks for all your help

Laura
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote