Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
Darkenmal
Darkenmal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need some help with opening books in Calibre.

Is there an option to open books not in Calibre, but in another program like Nook?

I like the sort functionality in Calibre, but I would like to read the actual books themselves in Nook.

Is this possible?
Darkenmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Under preferences you can set for each file type whether calibre should use its internal viewer or the program associated with that file type at the OS level.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Darkenmal
Darkenmal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can you please explain that?

It doesn't show up like that for me.

Or you could just tell me where click to get there.. in order of opening the program.

Thanks!

Last edited by Darkenmal; 10-15-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Darkenmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
Or you could just tell me where click to get there.. in order of opening the program.
Preferences - Behavior - uncheck use internal viewer for whatever format you don't want to view in calibre. With the box unchecked calibre will open the format using whatever program is associated with the format.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote