Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Mary_Anna
Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Not yet, looking at the Nook.
WOUNDED EARTH, new thriller by awardwinning author Mary Anna Evans

I'm a mystery author with five books in print and a sixth coming out this fall. There's plenty of info about them on my website, http://maryannaevans.com, but they're coming out very slowly in electronic form--as of today, EFFIGIES and RELICS are available for the iPad, but that's all.

Not being one to sit around and twiddle my thumbs, I took matters into my own hands. I hold the rights to a thriller, WOUNDED EARTH, and several stories, so they are now all available on Smashwords and Kindle. I'm thrilled to have WOUNDED EARTH available for readers, because the characters are special to me and because I think its environmental theme is very timely.

Here's the blurb--
Larabeth McLeod has beauty, money, several patents, a Ph.D., a successful environmental firm, and some very old secrets. When a man with the uncomfortable name of Babykiller begins stalking her, terrorizing her with stories of her darkest days in Vietnam, stories no one else knows, she feels compelled to fight back...until he exposes her most tender secret of all by threatening the daughter she has never met.

She turns to private detective J.D. Hatten for help, breaking five years of separation and silence between quarreling friends. And then Babykiller shows his true capabilities. He is the head of an illicity business offering but one service--moving cargo worldwide for criminals who need their drugs or cash or smuggled goods shipped safely and anonymously--so he is capable of putting anything anywhere. He quietly explains to Larabeth, a well-known environmental executive, that he can even put defective gauges in nuclear power plants, and he will, just to get her attention. If she goes to the police for protection, people will die. Lots and lots of people will die. And one of them will be her daughter.

Larabeth and J.D. are just a normal man and woman, up against a babykiller. But then, Babykiller doesn't know who he's dealing with...

WOUNDED EARTH is the first thriller by award-winning mystery writer Mary Anna Evans, author of ARTIFACTS, RELICS, EFFIGIES, FINDINGS, and FLOODGATES, all available on Amazon in print, large-print, and audio editions.
I'm having trouble getting the forum to let me make nice neat links, but here are the Smashwords page for WOUNDED EARTH, my website, and my blog. Thanks for your patience.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11404

http://www.maryannaevans.com

Blogging at "It's like making sausage", http://www.maryannaevans.blogspot.com
Mary_Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, mary anna evans, suspense, thriller, wounded earth