Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
mastakilla
mastakilla began at the beginning.

Device: none
Font Size 505

Ok, I just picked up a 505 from costco today for 179 with an included charger. I am super stoked to start ereading. I originally bought the 600 even though I heard the screen was shiny, I figured people were just overreacting. Well it was shiny (even to me as my first ever reader) so I returned it and got this instead.

Anyway....Even on small font size, I want to have a smaller font. Not way smaller, just a bit smaller. Is there any way for me to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
mastakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
If you go to the separate section for the Developers corner, you will find lots of info on modifications to your 505. There is a great post about changing fonts here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastakilla View Post
Anyway....Even on small font size, I want to have a smaller font. Not way smaller, just a bit smaller. Is there any way for me to accomplish this?
I convert all my books to epub (although lrf should work fine too) with Calibre. One reason I do this is because I'm 50 years old and during the conversion process I increase the font size so I can read without reading glasses. The reverse also holds true as long as the book you are reading does not use DRM then you can convert the book using Calibre to a smaller font.

Sometimes I even convert epub to epub just to increase the font.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote