Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #46
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No fair.
You introduced a fact not in evidence with the original question (that you want it for a PW-3 when your info box lists more than one model).
It's just a statement that it doesn't work right now with the PW3. I would like to know if somebody has found it a way to control it.

If not I might find the time to search for a solution for the problem and adjust the KUAL app.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:33 AM   #47
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I also would like this. I want to conserve battery even if it's only 20 minutes extra. Although I'm hoping it saves at least an hour :P There is no point in having the light on at all in a well lit place, and this would be a great mod.
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #48
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
"echo -n 0 >/sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness" works for me.

My PW3 is quite new and I poked around a little bit. In case anyone is interested - maybe the wiki would be the better place so please forgive me as I'm new here - here is my small frontlight documentation for PW3:
# `devcap-get-feature -a frontlight` # returns 1 if there is a frontlight
# `lipc-get-prop com.lab126.powerd flIntensity` # returns intensity 0-24, 25 (MAX)
# `cat /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness` # returns brightness 0, 1 (0), 2 (1), 3 (2), 4 (3), 6 (4), 14 (5), ... (...), 2531 (22), 2893 (23), 3280 (24), 4095 (MAX)
# `echo -n 0 >/sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness` # turn frontlight off completely
# `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd flIntensity 0` (values 0-25) turn frontlight on, set intensity to 0-24 (brightness 1-4095)
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post

My PW3 is quite new and I poked around a little bit. In case anyone is interested - maybe the wiki would be the better place so please forgive me as I'm new here - here is my small frontlight documentation for PW3:
# `devcap-get-feature -a frontlight` # returns 1 if there is a frontlight
# `lipc-get-prop com.lab126.powerd flIntensity` # returns intensity 0-24, 25 (MAX)
# `cat /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness` # returns brightness 0, 1 (0), 2 (1), 3 (2), 4 (3), 6 (4), 14 (5), ... (...), 2531 (22), 2893 (23), 3280 (24), 4095 (MAX)
# `echo -n 0 >/sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness` # turn frontlight off completely
# `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd flIntensity 0` (values 0-25) turn frontlight on, set intensity to 0-24 (brightness 1-4095)
A nice little bit of research there, thanks a lot!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:22 PM   #50
nobodySpecial
Just your average nerd
nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
Thanks! I've used this information to make a quick little KUAL application.
Just tap "Lights Out!" and the above command is ran and out goes the lights.

Light turns back on when plugged in, or manually adjusted.

To install:
After you've installed KUAL, simply unzip, and place the lightsOut folder in /extensions
(same as you would any other KUAL application.)

EDIT:
Obviously I'd find front light master after the fact. Oh well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lightsOut-0.1.zip (1.2 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by nobodySpecial; 08-18-2016 at 08:35 PM.
nobodySpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2016, 09:23 PM   #51
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13#post3323913

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...52#post3336152
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #52
nobodySpecial
Just your average nerd
nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobodySpecial ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3

And another (more elegant) solution. I have no idea why none of this was coming up in search for me!
nobodySpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:56 PM   #53
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodySpecial View Post

And another (more elegant) solution. I have no idea why none of this was coming up in search for me!
Because this is not the easiest site to search.
No worries.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:39 AM   #54
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodySpecial View Post

There is also this

(you need to edit FRONTLIGHTDEVICE in config.sh)
encol is offline   Reply With Quote