Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
PRS 350 - I've lost all my book covers

My PRS 350 was stuck in Calibre, so I just unplugged it.

I now only have generic blank thumbnails as book covers. I tried adding a new book and it also is blank. Any ideas of how I can get my covers back?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is this old post any use to you? In particular the last paragraph. But you do need to have Calibre metadata management set to Automatic in Prefs - Sending books to device for it to work.

However, if you are currently managing Sony Collections manually on your reader, don't try the above as Calibre will recreate all the Collections when you next connect.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Thanks much for your help - Calibre is already set to these settings, so I was at a bit of a loss.

But I did some digging around in the directory of my Sony and discovered that the folder for thumbnail/database/media/books was missing. I created a new folder, synced with Calibre and all my covers returned
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You do realize that "book"covers just take up space and slow things down...and unless you have a color display they look crap, i HAVE ALL MY BOOK DISPLAY LISTS SET TO LIST AS i HAVE A 1000 + BOOKS .......... AM i MISSING SOME USEFUL PURPOSE FOR COVERS ?
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
The motto ? Always hit the "disconnect hardware safely" button (or similar..) before grabbing that lead....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
You do realize that "book"covers just take up space and slow things down...and unless you have a color display they look crap, i HAVE ALL MY BOOK DISPLAY LISTS SET TO LIST AS i HAVE A 1000 + BOOKS .......... AM i MISSING SOME USEFUL PURPOSE FOR COVERS ?
So???

I have over 2000 books and like having the covers displayed.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote