Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Is there any way to filter out a tag when sending to devices?

I have a tag in my books I use for housekeeping purposes. I would like to filter it out before sending my epubs to reading devices so that this tag doesn't create an extra category/collection on my reading devices. Is there any way to do this?

I currently send epubs to a Sony device via USB and to an iPod Touch via Wi-Fi.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I have a tag in my books I use for housekeeping purposes. I would like to filter it out before sending my epubs to reading devices so that this tag doesn't create an extra category/collection on my reading devices. Is there any way to do this?

I currently send epubs to a Sony device via USB and to an iPod Touch via Wi-Fi.
I made a custom column "User_Tags" for that purpose, just for those reasons
I did not want those kinds of tags to appear.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Surround any housekeeping tags with brackets and they will not be used to create collections. Example change the tag In Process to [In Process].
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip. Using brackets works on my Sony reader. But unfortunately, not in Stanza. All I get is a new group name with brackets in Stanza.

Is there any other way to do this?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Using brackets works on my Sony reader. But unfortunately, not in Stanza. All I get is a new group name with brackets in Stanza.

Is there any other way to do this?
Kovid or Chaley will have to address this. How do you get books to Stanza?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The brackets trick does not work when sending via Wifi, only USB. If you wish to exclude a tag when using Wifi, I'd suggest creating a yes/no custom column instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
PatNY
Zennist

Yes, Stanza on the Touch communicates via Wi-Fi. I originally looked to use tags for housekeeping because you can use bulk editing to make changes to them. However, I poked around and just discovered you can also bulk edit custom columns too. So they'll work just as well.

Thanks for your help.