Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 AM   #31
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Well, this one did reset while formatting a book, but it didn't wipe out anything when it came back. It also got stuck on a page while trying to resize font, I waited patiently for it to resolve but nothing happened after 5 minutes. I just went back to menu and switched off as before but when I switched on it had not lost collections or bookmarks so it seems much better at holding on to stuff than the last unit, that one kept wiping out stuff.
It has only reset once in three days, so I think this is much more stable.

I did find that if I place a MS in the reader and attach reader to PC and transfer book to MS while in reader via eBook Library that the books all format on opening BUT if I place the MS directly in my card reader slot in PC and then open eBook Library it still sees the MS so I can create collections still and if I transfer that way the books on the MS don't format..............it seems more stable transferring directly from eBook Library to MS in PC rather than to MS in reader itself.............not sure why but it's works better for me.

eLibrary is more stable with this second unit too. The first unit seemed to cause eBook Library to hang for a minute or so at a time, sometimes freezing it completely. This one seems fine, just the odd 2 second hang then fine again

It seems that the odd reset is normal, just not as many as I was getting before.

Anyway, LOVING my reader now, finally getting to read some books on it, instead of problem solving issues. Fun at last.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and guidance, I have learned a lot about my reader and how to help solve a few issues along the way, so I won't panic as much next time I hit an issue.

Last edited by babyd; 09-11-2008 at 04:30 AM.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #32
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
I have the same problem with reformatting ebooks the very first time I open them or change font size. I was told to use ebook library, so I did. But still most of my few books need reformatting when I open them or open them again after a while.
My last idea was that I probably have to open the books once on my notebook, try to chage the font size there and then transfer them to the 505. But I didn't check that consequently until now.

Andinho
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert