Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Found $4 crossword puzzle ebook

The site below has some cheap ebooks in PDF format. I purchased MYSTERY CROSSWORDS TO GO (seemed to be the closest to normal crossword puzzles). I also purchased POCKET SUDOKU TO GO.

Both were regular PDF files and they zoom nicely to make them very useable on my iLiad. At $4 each I figured it's not too big a risk. The site below actually redirects to Lulu.com for purchase.

http://www.puzzlexpress.com/books/books.htm

If you have found other puzzle ebooks that work well on the iLiad, please let me know. Thanks.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Do you know the Feedbooks Sudoku generator? It's free and optimized for the iLiad.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Yes, and it does a good job. But there don't seem to be any freely available crosswords. Strange considering the iRex site mentions doing crosswords on the iLiad. Also if I am not able to sync daily, its nice to have several puzzles available to play along with my reading material. Have to find a way to justify the $700 for the iLiad vs $375 or so for the cybook :-)
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
bazzargh
bazzargh began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Yes, and it does a good job. But there don't seem to be any freely available crosswords.
There's some around if you're willing to spend a little time reformatting for the reader. If you automate this a bit you can get a daily crossword no problem.

There's an archive of some here: http://www.cullen.demon.co.uk/

Daily from the Glasgow Herald (probably the best choice for automation):
http://www.theherald.co.uk/crosswords/

Bi-weekly from Private Eye:
http://www.private-eye.co.uk/section...ink=crossword&

One a day is more than enough for me.
bazzargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
jgrnt1
jgrnt1 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I've been thinking about doing crossword puzzles on my iLiad. The New York Times offers an on-line crossword subscription, which allows you to print them. I haven't tried it on my iLiad yet, but I've attached the sample puzzle they let you download. I printed it with Cute PDF Writer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aug0497.pdf (13.5 KB, 357 views)
jgrnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrnt1 View Post
I've been thinking about doing crossword puzzles on my iLiad. The New York Times offers an on-line crossword subscription, which allows you to print them. I haven't tried it on my iLiad yet, but I've attached the sample puzzle they let you download. I printed it with Cute PDF Writer.
to do the NYT puzzles your puzzle software must support the AcrossLite .PUZ format puzzles.

There are a few xword puzzle apps out there for Linux based devices. One is actually named Xword and there is also one I know of for KDE Linux. Someone is working on a build of Xword for the Nokia N800's so I am sure there must be someone out there working on a build for the iLiad...I am assuming the OS is open enough to allow it?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #7
bazzargh
bazzargh began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
to do the NYT puzzles your puzzle software must support the AcrossLite .PUZ format puzzles.

There are a few xword puzzle apps out there for Linux based devices. One is actually named Xword and there is also one I know of for KDE Linux. Someone is working on a build of Xword for the Nokia N800's so I am sure there must be someone out there working on a build for the iLiad...I am assuming the OS is open enough to allow it?
That's for GTK not KDE, and the problem with porting it at the moment is that there is no working pygtk port for the iliad (yet).
bazzargh is offline   Reply With Quote