Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
1.01 or 1.1 question

If I do the 8 reboot thing and bring the Nook back to 1.0 do I have to install the 1.01 update before 1.1?

And if so is the B&N update still available? Can't find it on the B&N site.

Thanks,

Seth
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
never mind
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
If you're already rooted and have no problems, the easiest way for a 1.1 version of root is in zartemis' thread about 1.1 Pre-Rooted. It installs over your current version of root.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
If you're already rooted and have no problems, the easiest way for a 1.1 version of root is in zartemis' thread about 1.1 Pre-Rooted. It installs over your current version of root.
I'm not sure I want to go this way. I was waiting for the next nooter. There should be a site somewhere that still has the 1.01 file!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
I'm not sure I want to go this way. I was waiting for the next nooter. There should be a site somewhere that still has the 1.01 file!
From B&N

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pre...oad_update.zip

All of their files have the same name. On your computer you may want to append the version to the file name, then copy the file and rename it sideload_update.zip when you sideload it on the device.

Last edited by SCION; 01-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
From B&N

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pre...oad_update.zip

All of their files have the same name. On your computer you may want to append the version to the file name, then copy the file and rename it sideload_update.zip when you sideload it on the device.
Again Thanks.

I guess you had the link saved as I couldn't find it on the site anywhere.

Do we know for certain that we will have to follow this update chain from 1.0 to 1.01 to 1.1, or could 1.1 include it all?

If we have to follow a chain, what will it be like after March when there are two more!!!

Seth
Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
Again Thanks.

I guess you had the link saved as I couldn't find it on the site anywhere.

Do we know for certain that we will have to follow this update chain from 1.0 to 1.01 to 1.1, or could 1.1 include it all?

If we have to follow a chain, what will it be like after March when there are two more!!!

Seth
I didn't have the link saved. B&N use the same URL scheme for their downloads. Just plug in the appropriate version number.

That's a good question as to whether subsequent updates include previous ones. They don't spell it out for us.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote