Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
Memory card lockup

I have had my Sony reader for just over a week. I bought it because I want to use it for audiobooks as well as ebooks, and the MP3 funcion is perfect for this. I went out and bought a 4gb SD card which showed 3.8gb when I put it in the reader. Loaded a few ebooks and audio files no problem. When the card got to 2.5 gb it just locked up and gave the warning " unable to complete operation destination can no longer be accessed". I can read files but cannot add any more. I see someone on here had the same problem. Has anyone else? And more importantly, does anyone know what to do to fix it?
Thanks.
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not at all sure that SD cards >2GB are supported. Might be as well to stick with a 2GB card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Then does anyone know for sure which 4gb card will work with the Sony?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you applied the firmware upgrade, by the way? ISTR that one of the things changed in that was support for large memory cards.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Muskrat
Enthusiast

The firmware was upgraded when I first connected it last week. Unless there have been any more releases since then?
Advert
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
No, just the one.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Muskrat,

All I can suggest is that you stick to using 2GB cards - they work fine. As I said in my original message, I believe that 2GB SD cards are the largest ones officially "supported".
Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 AM   #8
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Has anyone tried a Sony 4gb card? Are these supported?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Bob had a 4 Gb card at the Blogger's Day (which worked just fine), I think it was a SanDisk brand....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 AM   #10
Geri
Geri began at the beginning.

Device: HTC -P3300 /GENE1000
Exclamation Unable to read the SD card on my WM5

I am using a 2GB SD card on my WM5. The other day i tried to save an excel sheet in the mobile,
for which it gave a warning that, if it saved the formatting would be lost. I made a "save as"
of the file. Since then i am not able to view any other file or document on my SD card. Only thing that
appears is that Xcel sheet that i had saved. Memory details show that the card holds 1100 MB of data,
but i am able to see only that saved Xcel sheet.
All the programmes which were installed on the SD card have failed to open,
inspite of a Reboot.
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote